24

"You're back!" Her mom says when we walk in.

"I am back!" She wraps her arms around me.

"Amari was miserable without you, I am going to make you a cake." She says before heading for the kitchen. Ri takes my bags to her room. I follow her mom to the kitchen. "How long are you staying this time?"

"Uhm, Ri..."

"You didn't discuss it with her?"

"No, uhm she made it seem as though, I have no say in that."

"Don't you allow her to push you around, she requires tons of patience but speak up to her, I know she is a bully sometimes."

"No, she is a delight." She scoffs

"She can be, I am serious, I like you, you are nothing like the people she would bring home."

"Oh?"

"She thought she had to be with someone who can handle everything we do here but she is too much of a marshmallow to end up with someone like her father and I." A nod from me "If you hurt her, I will make sure I hurt you."

"Understood. Do you need any help?"

"No, I got this, you just sit there and talk to me." Am I scared? A little but she is being a protective mother.

I spent the afternoon, talking with Ri's mom, I do not know where Ri is, she left and has not come back since she left.

"This is her sister's favourite."

Everyone enjoyed the cake and the twins seemed excited to see me.

"Abi, we would like you to come somewhere with us." We are sitting around the table enjoying dinner, "We have this brunch and usually Welo is my date and I love you sis but I think it would be better if you came with us?"

"What is it?"

"It's a brunch with ladies from families like ours."

"The Morrison Sisters' brunch?" They nod at Ri who asked the question. "Be careful, she gets hurt and I am torturing you two, I have work to do." She places a kiss on my forehead before she leaves probably going to her room.

"She is being dramatic, we will have bodyguards so we will be okay, please say yes." They pull out their puppy dog eyes

"Even if I wanted to go, I have nothing to wear and you said it's tomorrow."

"Good thing it starts at two, we will have time to find something amazing for you to wear."

"Totally plus Asa's best friend is a stylist."

"Ex best friend." She chimes in

"What happened?" Arawelo and I ask at the same time

"He accused me of sleeping with his boyfriend, Alejandro."

"Did you?"

"Before they got together, yes but not while they were together, I mean I could have but I didn't."

"You are a mess, you know that?" Ara tells her sister

"I know but he is so cute and you know I love them cute and muscular, anyway, don't worry, I will just tell my stylist right now to have outfits ready for you tomorrow."

"Okay, I am going to my friends, talk to you tomorrow." She hugs her sister before opening her arms for a hug. I wrap my arms around her before we let go and she leaves.

When I got into the room, Ri was working. When I went to sleep, Ri was working. When I woke up, Ri was working.

"Did you stay up?" She shakes her head.