37

{Back to normal POV}

She knocked gently on the door "Bibi?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you open the door, please?" I open the door before heading back to the bed, "Good morning."

"Morning, what are we up to today?"

"We are headed to The Ritz."

"Okay." She turns to go back to her room. Part of me feels as though being here with her was and is a mistake. I do not want to be involved with her but my stupid heart is melting for her like she did not stab it multiple times.

I do not understand why it is cold here, now I have to put boots on but my belly is in the way.
"Uhm, Amari, can you come help me?" She stands on the threshold "Can you help me with these boots, please?" She nods before walking towards me, getting on her knees and placing my foot in the boot.

"When and if we find anything we will come back and you can order anything you want, I have work to do."

"I can go by myself..."

"No." She interrupts, putting my other foot in the boot and zipping it up before she gets up, needing my help. She goes back to her room and I notice that she places a gun on her waistband, in a cover and the coat hides it.

"I am ready to go." She nods before opening my door and allowing me to walk out before her. She walks next to me, at my pace.

The elevator ride was a bit uncomfortable, the car ride awkward but she lit up when we got to the hotel.

"Louis, how are you, old friend?" She says before hugging the doorman

"Amari, I am well, been some time since I have seen you."

"Paris no longer holds the key to my heart, I fear."

"Oh dear, mind telling me what has?"

"I will definitely do that when I am not here on business."

"Oh, let me not keep you."

"Actually, I came here for you."

"Oh, what can I help you with?"

"I need to see the CCTV footage of this date." She hands him a piece of paper.

"How much?"

"Ten thousand."

"Euros?"

"Yes." He nods before opening the door and leading the way. "Excuse my manners, Louis, this is Abiya, Abiya, this is Louis."

"Pleasure to meet you." We exchange as we shake hands.

"Here is all the footage of that day."

"Thank you, can you pull up the people who had rooms here on that date?" He moves to a separate computer with Ri. "Thank you."

"So what are you looking for this time?"

"The person who ordered a hit on her."

"Are you sure you will find them?"

"I am trying to confirm a hunch, Lou."

"You know who did it?"

"No, but I have a list of possible suspects and I am crossing out names as we know more." Should I comment on their conversation? It does involve me but it seems to not include me.

After a while she thanked Lou and we were on our way.

"I don't understand what were we looking for?"

"These." She points at the documents in her bag.

"And what are they going to do?"

"Confirm a hunch of mine."

"Mind sharing?"

"Yes. Do you want to go to lunch?" I am hungry

"Yes please."  I do not know where she is going or what type of restaurant we are going to.

The hostess led us to a booth at the back of the restaurant, the place looked great and had opulence written all over it. We ordered our drinks and she began working on something.

As I am eating, she gets a phone call, I can barely hear the person in the phone.

"Yes, send me the pictures and the names, thank you, Dima." she places the phone on the table before taking a sip of her whiskey. "How are you enjoying your food?"

"The food is delicious, drink is splendid and my company is a stonewall." she lets out a chuckle

"I am sorry, I am working hard so you can go back home."

"You don't want me here?"

"It's not that, you know how I feel about this and I know how you feel about this so I know what I have to do to make what I want happen."

"So you want me gone as soon as possible?"

"I want you safe as soon as possible, that's it."

"Okay," conversation goes quiet and I finish my mocktail "When did you decide to break up with me?"

"The day before I broke up with you, it was not something I thought over but something I felt was necessary." 

"Generally people in relationships talk about things like that."

"Were you happy with Pacer?"

"Yes, I was."

"Did you get harassed by law enforcement?"

"Of course not,"

"Are you excited to be a mom?"

"Extremely."

"Do you think you would be that excited to be pregnant while with me?"

"Ri, you know me better than I know myself but you are blinded by fear. I would have been as excited, I would have endured being harassed by the cops, feds whoever and I was happy with you."

"I can't put you through that,"

"You can not grasp the gravity of my love, can you? I am in Paris looking for my dead boyfriend's killer because I can not let it go. I will love you with every breath, until the end of time, with all I am but you can't love me, you can not love anyone when you keep thinking you are a burden to love." we fall into silence.

After eating desert, we headed to the hotel, we were not talking at all, no pleasantries at all, I felt angry, why is she acting like she did me a favor?

Opening the door to my room, I am quick to close it not wanting to talk to her. How am I going to take these damn shoes off?

I feel something cover my mouth while an arm holds me against a chest, what is going on?

********

Yet another fight, y'all think
they can reconcile?