Chapter 4

Miguel & Partyextdoor - Girl with the tattoo (slowed)

I hear footsteps and I expect Gray but it wasn't, it was

I hear footsteps and I expect Gray but it wasn't, it was.. Darius.

He looks at me, sits on the swings next to me, and we sit in silence that I refuse to break.

...

...

...

It goes on for about 20 minutes until he breaks it

"I'm sorry okay! Yell, scream, anything just please don't ignore me." I don't respond again.

"Haz, please.." His voice cracks. "I'm sorry."

"Alright, I'm sorry too, but you don't get to just leave, not call or text, show up one day and expect me to be happy." I start to get emotional and look away.

"It hurt to think of all the possibilities that you might be hurt, dead, or you just forgot about me. Most nights I cried and asked Gray of all people, if YOU hated me." I pause then continue getting angry.

"YOU WERE AND GRAY IS THE ONLY THINGS KEEPING ME FROM ENDING MY LIFE! WHEN I LOST YOU IT FELT LIKE I LOST A PART OF MYSELF I COULD NEVER GET BACK!" I scream.

"It felt like you never cared at all..." I whisper.

He just listens silently and finally speaks.

"I DIDN'T HAVE A CHOICE OKAY!DON'T YOU EVER THINK THAT I HATE OR DON'T LIKE YOU BECAUSE I LOVE YOU, YOU'RE MY BEST FRIEND!" He takes a deep breath.

"MY PARENTS NEVER GAVE ME A CHOICE AND IT HURT LIKE HELL TO LEAVE YOU, BUT I HAD NO CHOICE!IM SO SORRY FOR NOT CALLING I THOUGHT YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO TALK TO ME!" He yells.

"After everything I've done the worst was leaving you when you needed me most, I hate myself for leaving you.. I'm sorry." His tears began to fall.

By the end of his speech we both are sobbing messes. I finally understand his side and I feel guilty.

I feel horrible for being so blinded by my own sadness that I didn't take his side into consideration but, he's my best friend and I needed him. 

"I-Im sorry I never took your side into consideration. I just was so hurt. Please don't hate and beat yourself up, it wasn't your fault. I love you too and I really missed you a lot." I guiltily say then chuckle.

"I missed you too, so much. THANK GOD! I'm so glad we did that, definitely needed that." He chuckles.

"Yep, I needed that a lot." I chuckled back.

"I'm so glad your not mad anymore. It's like a weight lifted off of my shoulders." He sighs of relief.

"Mine too, I really needed to get that off my chest." I tiredly say.

"Soooo whatcha doing this weekend?" He asks.

"Uhhh nothing?" I raise my eyebrow.

"Let's hangout this weekend." He suggests

"Ok" I yawn and we walk back to apparently Austin's car.

When we get in the car I immediately fall alseep from exhaustion.

                        ~~~~~~

Flashback to when they were at school

I have Computer Lab for 3rd period and Hazel has Art so she doesn't have class with me. I was mad about it but I'm not creative so I don't really care.

I walked in class and see a boy with a hood on his head. I don't know why but I just felt this pull to him.

So I sat in the back by him. The teacher assigned an assignment you had to work on with a partner so I turned to him and asked. 

"Hey, wanna be my partner?" He turned towards me with the sweetest smile I have ever seen and said. "Yea...sure." I smiled back and we got to work.

The whole time we were working I just thinking.. 

Did I just smile?

I couldn't help but stare at his beautiful face. He was the most breathtaking thing I had ever seen.

I was sure there was no one or anything as beautiful as him. I love his smile the most, it so... captivating and warm.

After admiring him for what felt like hours I noticed the light tint of adorable pink on his cheeks

He's blushing

I smirked loving the effect I had on him.

Soon after class finished and I stopped him before he could walk away "HEY! where are you going?" I asked.

"Home?" He replied.

"Before you go let me see your phone." I chuckled at his confused face but nonetheless he gave it to me.

I put my number into his phone then text myself so I had his. "Here now you have my number. So I can call you to see that pretty little face of yours as I make you blush."

I smirked as I saw him blush harder, nod, and scramble away.

I chuckled at his innocence, I knew there was a chance of ruining it but little did he know, I would love to ruin every little bit of it.

I smirk at the thought as I walked through the hallway to lunch and on my way in I see Hazel walk out.

I look to where she came from confused until I saw Darius. I knew all hell was gonna break loose.

After seeing Darius I run out to follow her and hear footsteps behind me, even though I can catch up to her she needs time alone, I stop chasing her so they can't follow. I also remembered that we wear trackers for this reason.

They run back to get the car and I keep walking. If Hazel's not in that car with me then I don't wanna be in it. So I walk "Home" or so they call it.

I'm glad I walked because it gave me time to think about him and how I never asked his name.

or I can just give him a name

The whole walk I was just stuck in my thoughts about the most gorgeous boy I had ever seen and how he was already mine.

He might not know but he's mine.

~~~~~~

AN: oh lord.. Gray is getting possessive ALREADYY??? wowzers