Chapter 20

West Coast - Lana Del Rey (Slowed)

I wake up as the planes lands and check the time

I wake up as the planes lands and check the time. It's been about 4 hours so I decide to freshen up.

After I'm done we get off the plane and the car I ordered is waiting for us. We hop in and drive to our house. The drive was about 20 minutes.

Soon as we pull up to the gate it opens. I hear a gasp and turn around. Ethan is sitting next to Gray in awe of the house.

I chuckle and hop out to car, they follow. He ogles the house as we walk in inside.

 He ogles the house as we walk in inside

The House

If I'm being honest the house was beautiful. I go find my room and put my stuff down. Then my phone rings. I answer it without looking at who it is.

"Hazel!" It's Aria. "Yes?" I answer. "Where the hell are you?!" She all but shouts.

"About that... I may or may not have had to take a trip somewhere important and told my dad we all went on a trip." I explain.

She takes a deep breath and sighs. "Where'd you go?" I think about it for a second but reply.

"Just for a little trip out the house and I took Gray with me, I felt like we needed it."

"Why didn't you tell me? I could use a mini vacation." She whines. "Sorry, I didn't even think to call you." I play it off as if it slipped my mind but we all know it didn't.

"How long are you gonna stay for?" She asks. "For a few days, not long." I say as I pick out clothes to shower after the long flight.

"Ria, I'm gonna go shower it was kind of a long drive but I'll call you later." I tell her. "Okay, Haz, have fun but not to much fun." She chuckles.

I can almost hear her winking through the phone. "Oh my lord, bye Aria." I hear her laughing before I hang up.

I just stare at my phone shaking my head. I remember the shower and go get in. After I shower and get dressed I decide to take a quick nap.

                             ~~~~~~

I wake up to my phone ringing and answer thinking it was Sage, sure enough it was. "Boss, did you make it?" He asks.

"Yeah, we did now would you like to tell me what the hell is going on?!" I grit.

"Не могу сказать тебе по телефону, я скажу тебе, когда доберусь туда, я почти на месте." He rushes out.

(I can't tell you on the phone, I'll tell you when I get there, I'm almost there.)

"Okay, hurry up." I sigh and hang up.

5 minutes later I hear him walking in the house, call Gray, and we meet him downstairs. As we walk downstairs he's panicking. "SAGE!" I shout. He looks at me.

"What. happened." I say on the brink of snapping."I-i tried to stop them and it worked for a while but then they came back and it got worse." He paces with his hands pulling his hair.

"You tried to stop who?" I ask confused. "I-i" I stop him before he can finish. "Sage" He takes a deep breath and walks to the couch and we all sit.

"First it started with small threats here and there, then it became small attacks like stealing shipments but now it's become something out of control they're threatening your family, blowing up our warehouses, and sending spies." He breathes out and I only have one question.

"Who?"

I try to stay calm but I'm fuming at this point and everyone could tell. I had a feeling of who he was gonna say but I didn't know for sure until he said it.

"The Chinese Mafia." He nervously responds. I nod. That's exactly who I was expecting, they've always had a problem with us even when there was no reason to.

Part of the reason is that we don't want nor will we ever have an alliance with them. They have no morals or boundaries.

They don't believe in limits, like family and that's where we have a problem. I'd never hurt an innocent person or my family to get to the top, i'd rather die.

They'll stop at nothing to be the strongest mafia, and they have the dirtiest, most careless, and vile leader to do so

Apollo Smith.

See, the thing with Apollo is nothing matters to him, not even his own family. He thinks no weaknesses means nothing can hold him back, making him unstoppable.

But that's not true, the very thing that he thinks makes him unstoppable is gonna drag him down, Hate... and not from just anyone, his family.

Apollo is the type of person to push you down and make you apologize. A dick right?

His own wife and children don't matter to him, so to find out he's been threatening our family is infuriating.

He could have done anything to my family and I just wouldn't have known, that's what really frustrates me. I still have a few questions to ask Sage.

"How long?" I ask hoping for a logical answer but I don't get one. He pales. "Almost a month now." I don't know what to say at this point because I'm filled with rage.

"So you're telling me that, this has been going on this whole time and you haven't said a word?" I ask so darkly the air in the room changes. He nods not being able to talk.

"Don't. ever. do this shit again. Next time I don't know if I can be so calm and let you live." I stop myself before I can say any more.

I take a deep breath. "Let's just focus on getting the rats out." I have a plan but first let's get rid of the infestation.

We have rats, and how do you lure them out... Cheese.

                      ~~~~~~

AN: Hey um *clears throat nervously*
Chicken nuggets, I have no explanation for how long it took me to put this chapter out.