Chapter 10

Billie Eilish - TV (slowed)

              Billie Eilish  - TV (slowed)

It was like my heart stopped. I'm already cautious around these people and now they wanna add more.

I need to race or kill I haven't done both in a while. The rush of both is like nothing I've felt before.

They still think I don't know about them being in the mafia, which I find hilarious.

"Sta bene?" Dad asks.

(Is she ok?)

"Non conosco papà, Hazel!" Kai says.

(I don't know dad, Hazel!)

"Hazel!" Gray shakes me. "Y-yea?" I respond. "are you ok?" Luca asks."yea I'm fine" I whisper.

"Papà dobbiamo ancora dire loro che siamo nella mafia" Luca says.

(Dad, we have to tell them we're in the mafia.)

"Lo so, ma ora non è un buon momento" Dad says.

(I know, but now is not the time.)

"Грей, мы должны сказать им, что мы знаем там, в мафии, но не о нашей" I whisper lowly.

(Gray, we have to tell them that we know they are in the mafia but not about ours.)

"Хорошо, скажи им" He whispers back. I nod

(Ok, you tell them.)

"Sto bene e lo sappiamo già" I say
everyone stops talking.

(I'm fine and we already know.)

Dad looks at us. "You know Italian?" He asks.

"Sì, io e Gray." I say.

(Yes, Gray and I.)

"How long have you known?" He asks. "We've known for a while." I replied. "And... you're ok with it?" Kai asks.

"Yea, were fine." I smile. "Okayy." Theo says unsure."So, about the rest of the family coming. Why are they coming?" I ask.

"They've been having the same issues that we have with their mafia's." Kai says. "Okay" I say.

I look to Gray "У нас были проблемы в нашей мафии?" I say skeptically.

(We have problems with our mafia?)

"Может быть, но я не хотел тебя беспокоить. Ты выглядел так, будто наконец-то с тобой все в порядке." He says.

(Maybe, but I didn't want to bother you, you looked like you were finally ok.)

"Грей! Это не имеет значения! Я все еще хочу знать!" I shout.

(GRAY! It doesn't matter I still wanna know!)

"Хорошо, хорошо, я скажу тебе в следующий раз." He calmly replies.

(Okay, okay, I'll tell you next time.)

"Hold on, you guys know Russian?!" Theo yells. "Yes, will you please stop yelling." I cover my ears."Sorry, how many languages do you know?" He asks.

"We know a lot of languages." I reply.  "How many mafia's do you guys own?" I ask. "Well we have the Italian mafia but our family has the American, French and Irish mafia." Kai says. "Okay" I nod.

"Okay so they'll be over tomorrow." dad says "okay, I can't believe they're gonna live with us!!!" Theo excitedly screams. "I know I miss Nonna." Milo smiles.

"Me too, but I will warn you Nonno can be TERRIFYING." Austin shivers. "I'm counting on it" I smirk. "Is that it? Alright well, I'm going to bed." Gray rushes out.

I watched him and was confused then I thought about the boy in his bed and smirked.

"You guys get back a week and the first thing my son says to me is 'bye'." Dad says "Just give him time he'll come around." I smile.

"Okay, if that's all I'll be going to my room to watch Netflix." I stand up. "Can I join? We haven't had much bonding time." Milo asks.

"sur-" I get cut off by Miles storming upstairs. Milo walks after him but I stop him and tell him I got it. I follow Miles to his room. He sits on his bed angrily.

I knock and walk in. He looks at me. "Can't you see I don't want you here!" He shouts. "yeah, that's pretty obvious. What did I do?" I ask.

"What didn't you do? You are the reason mom is gone. She always wanted a daughter then one day you came. We were happy for a while, then sure enough Aaron came for you and he got you obviously, but at what cost? OUR MOM! Now I will never see her again and instead all I see is what she left behind! It should have been you and not her!" He screamed.

At this point silent tears were streaming down my face.

He doesn't understand how much I already blame myself. I know it's my fault. All the times I wished it were me instead of her... how much I still do.

"You don't know how much I blame myself daily. How much I wish she'd be here. HOW MUCH I WISH IT WERE ME INSTEAD OF HER! YOU DONT KNOW HOW MUCH GUILT I FEEL AND I DONT NEED YOU MAKING IT WORSE! I KNOW ITS MY FAULT AND I HAVE TO LIVE WITH THAT EVERY SINGLE DAY OF MY LIFE, so don't tell me it's my fault when I already know." I screamed and then whispered.

He was crying as well. I got up and walked out of his room into mine and I cried and cried, wondering what I did to deserve this and how my life got to this point eventually I cried myself to sleep.

 I got up and walked out of his room into mine and I cried and cried, wondering what I did to deserve this and how my life got to this point eventually I cried myself to sleep

Milo walks in and the look on my twins face is something I don't ever want to see again.

The look of disappointment.

I start to think about what I said and the more I did the worse I felt. He doesn't say anything and walked back out as if he was never here.

I felt instant regret I didn't mean it. I was just mad that our mom is gone and she's here instead and I understand it's not her fault and I shouldn't have told her that it was.

I'm going to talk to her in the morning about it. I just need to think about what I want to say because I'm not very good with words and I can't fuck up this time.

I drift off to sleep thinking about how I can fix this.

~~~~~~

AN: How do we feel about Miles?