Chapter 64

I tried to include few time jumps in this chapter because I feel like I'm boring you with all the slow burn :ss 

AND ALSO THANNNK YOU FOR 500K READS!! I'm sorry I always update late but I'm so grateful that you guys keep reading I love you

▬۩▬

  Winter was approaching quickly, classes were getting more and more exhausting and tasks were doubling each week. The sentence "I can't wait for Christmas." could frequently be heard in any corner of Hogwarts, followed by a tired sigh.

"Quidditch is delayed again." Matthew announced one morning. Juliette pushed the eggs on her plate around with her fork, her free hand supporting her head. She had a sullen look on her face as her teammates protested around the table. Training for days, losing sleep just to read more about Quidditch, having to deal with Zacharias Smith and his hostility, buying a new broom... All just for the game to be delayed over and over again.

"At this rate we won't get to play until summer term." Someone complained, and Matthew assured them he'd talk about it with Madam Hooch, again. No one believed it would help, but they gave him a reluctant nod anyway. Juliette believed it had to do with Umbridge's regulations on banning the student clubs and organisations. No wonder Slytherin got to play the first game of the year with no objections from her.

Juliette didn't finish her breakfast. She rarely did anyway. Her feet carried her towards the courtyard where she'd study before the first class. Mornings were the best time to be outside. Everyone was either having breakfast or was still in their bed, so the open area was empty and silent. Early bird songs were the only thing keeping the outdoors alive, along with the rustling yellow leaves that were mostly fallen to the ground. It wouldn't be long before the whole place was covered in snow and the birds were gone.

Juliette buried her face into Cedric's scarf for warmth and approached the archway, before a childlike voice stopped her.

"Juliette!" Robin called, breathless as if he's been chasing after her. Did she not hear him?

"Robin, what's wrong?" Juliette paused by the archway, watching the first year approaching with a worried frown on her face.

"Nothing, I-" He came to a halt before her and leaned forward, resting his hands on his knees as he tried to catch his breath. "I wanted to thank you for helping me. Remember?"

Robin lifted his hand that was once covered in his own blood that was, unsurprisingly, caused by Umbridge's inhuman punishment methods. A faint scar was still visible, which put a grimace on Juliette's face.

"It's mostly healed by now. I can barely feel it. Doesn't even hurt!" He almost sounded proud, and Juliette had no option but to force a smile.

"That's great, Robin. I'm glad you feel better, but try not to get in trouble again, alright?"

Robin lowered his hand, and the excited gleam in his eyes diminished. Juliette watched him with suspicion as he examined his shoes with a newfound interest, looking slightly guilty.

"You're terrible at hiding something." She commented, turning around and entering the courtyard. Robin followed after her as she sat down on a bench, placing the book she's been carrying on her lap.

"I'm not hiding anything, not really." He decided to stay standing, his hands intertwined behind him as he pushed around small stones with his feet.

"Not really?"

"No, because I was going to tell you about it anyhow."

Juliette raised a brow, both in surprise and curiosity.