Chapter 10

"Alright, my turn now." Juliette took a bite from her candy necklace that she'd bought from Honeydukes just a moment ago. "Would you rather get eaten by a dragon or kiss Crabbe and Goyle?"

Cedric looked at her with an amused face behind his black and yellow scarf. "That's absurd. Why would I want to kiss Crabbe and Goyle?"

"So you'd rather spend the rest of your life in a dragon's stomach, then."

"Exactly." Cedric replied before joining Juliette's laugh.

Since everyone was tired because of the Yule Ball, a trip to Hogsmeade was more than the sleepy students could ask for.

Cedric and Juliette were spending their free time together, visiting the familiar shops like Honeydukes or Zonko's while playing nonsense games.

"Can we go to the Three Broomsticks now?" Cedric asked as if he was a child asking for a permission to do something from his mum. "I'm cold." He looked down at the footprints he'd left on the snow covered ground.

"Sure." Juliette shrugged, too focused on finishing her candy, and they headed towards the old village building.

Cedric entered first and held the door open for Juliette. The inn was warm and crowded as always. The slightly visible smoke was still there, hiding in the air and surrounding the customers. The duo found themselves a small and badly shaped table near the bar. Juliette found her own image from the mirror behind the bar which was reflecting the cozy atmosphere.

"Do you want anything?" Cedric asked, still standing on his feet and ready to give his order to the bar.

Juliette shook her head and waited by herself for Cedric to return as she played with her fingers. She couldn't help but think about the events of yesterday over and over again. She still hasn't confronted Cedric about him bribing Zacharias but that wasn't the main thing that she was thinking about but she wasn't going to admit that she was daydreaming about her silent dance with a certain blond boy with sharp eyes.

Juliette looked up and searched for her reflection on the stained mirror. She was thoughtfully looking at herself just like she did last night; but then, she was staring at her small reflection in Draco's bright eyes like she was hypnotised.

Long red dress and his black tuxedo, swaying together in a deserted castle corridor. Images from last night reshaped in Juliette's mind, completely occupying it. Juliette's head was resting on Draco's chest, listening to his rhythmic heartbeat. The slow music that was gradually building a safe wall around them was long gone but they were still swaying. From side to side.

"Man, I love butterbeer." Cedric said, sitting in front of Juliette after placing his drink on the table. She wasn't paying attention to him. Her eyes were on the small window that was covered with snow. She could see him walking with his friends. Joking, laughing, pushing each other...

Juliette slightly pulled away and looked up. His content eyes were staring right back at her. For a moment, she forgot what she was going to say.

"The music..." She began with a weak voice. "...stopped."

"I know." Draco said with a barely visible smile. He was still not letting her go.

Juliette tried not to squirm in his arms, under his gaze, so she looked down at his white bowtie to escape from the intensity.

"Should we go back?" She asked, mindlessly playing with the tie.

"Eager to go back to your date?" Draco answered with a question. Even though his face was blank, he didn't sound too happy.

Juliette looked up with a frown. "Why would you assume that?"