Chapter 1 〆 𝟺𝚝𝚑 𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚛

The story will be similar to both the books and the movies but some parts will be different of course.

*4 years later*

▬ ▬ ▬۩▬ ▬ ▬

Elvis' long black fur was soft as silk under Juliette's gentle touch. She looked out the dusty window of the compartment while her cat peacefully purred on her lap with his closed eyes.

"I really don't think that's a good idea." Juliette murmured, mostly to herself. Her gaze never left the passing trees, trying to focus on one for a fleeting moment.

"But it is." Cedric Diggory leaned forward, staring at the girl sitting in front of him. "Think about it."

"I am thinking about it and it's not a good idea." She insisted, finally taking her eyes off of the blurry view. "What if you die?"

"I can be famous." Cedric said, with a little smile. He ignored her words.

"You can't be famous if you're dead."

Cedric shrugged and lazily leaned back before closing his eyes. "Whatever. I may not even make it into the competition."

"I hope so." She whispered and turned back to the broad window.

Truth to be told, she didn't want her best friend to get himself injured or worse, killed just because he felt like it. She didn't know much about The Triwizard Tournament but she knew people had died in this barbaric competition while trying to fight their biggest fears just to win what? Some money? That was enough reason for her to dislike the idea of it. She couldn't believe The Ministry was okay with sending students to their possible death.

"We're almost there." Cedric announced, his eyes still closed. "Go change into your uniform."

Juliette put her cat, Elvis, aside and stood up. "Please keep your eyes on him. I don't want him to get lost on the train again." She warned Cedric, remembering the embarrassing events of last year and how she searched the whole train with teary eyes just to find her careless cat, who was simply hiding under the trolley. 

"Sure thing." He said, without opening his eyes.

Juliette shook her head with a little smile. She grabbed her bag which contained her school uniform and exited the compartment that she shared with Cedric. She was sharing a compartment with someone else for the second time since her first year. The first time she was on this train, she sat with Hermione Granger, who was talking too much about Hogwarts and it's history that Juliette couldn't take it anymore and decided to leave the compartment with her pathetic "I need to use the bathroom." excuse.

The next two years, she sat alone. She sat alone on the train, in the Great Hall at the Hufflepuff table, in the library, in most of her classes and in the dormitory before Cedric noticed her pitiful posture, trying to blend in the crowd to hurry to her next class. No one would've noticed it if the high walls of the castle closed in on her and crushed her.

She didn't mind being alone. She was extremely introverted and couldn't speak with others without forcefully playing with her fingers and looking elsewhere. She almost had a heart attack when Cedric first talked to her and invited her to sit with him at dinner.

There was a short line in front of the bathrooms. She hung the bag over her shoulder and tried to wait patiently, which wasn't a strong trait of hers. Since her body wasn't programmed to be capable of waiting for something more than two second, it didn't take long for her to start rocking back and forth on her heels. She wanted to put her uniform on before the train came to a stop.