Chapter 5

The day of the first task approached way too quickly for Juliette's liking. Students were gathering in the arena that was specifically prepared for the dragons and the champions while the Weasley twins roamed the grounds, trying to collect galleons from people who were willing to risk their money for a bet. The scenery was making Juliette nervous, concerned and excited at the same time.

Juliette avoided the twins in order to save her money from a meaningless bet and tried to find an empty seat. It appeared that no one was sitting with their own house, so she gathered her courage and to climbed down the stairs to head towards the boy whose white-blond hair was exposed under his dark brown beanie. She wasn't sure if he would let her sit with him, considering they didn't know each other very well, but she didn't want to squeeze between two people that she's never had a proper conversation with.

Juliette hesitantly tapped on his shoulder. 

"Can I sit here?" She asked sheepishly as Draco looked over his shoulder to see who was talking to him. A frown formed on his face. Not because of annoyance or displeasure, but because of confusion.

"Uh..." He seemed to be unsure of what to say, which made Juliette regret her decision to be brave in her social life for once. "Yes, of course."

Juliette hesitantly sat down next to him. 

"I can go sit somewhere else if you mind—" She intended to say, thinking he was just being uncharacteristically polite.

"No." Draco interrupted, not looking at her and focusing on the empty arena instead, waiting for the champions to make their appearance. "I don't mind."

Juliette nodded before linking her slightly cold fingers on her lap. Her fingerless winter gloves were clearly a bad choice. She turned her gaze towards the wide area where her closest friend was supposed to steal a golden egg from a real-life fire breathing dragon. Just another typical day.

"You support Cedric, I presume?" Draco said as they waited for the challenge to start.

"Yes." Juliette nodded. "And you?"

"I'm not here to support Potter, that's for sure." He answered with a roll of his eyes, talking like he was mentioning his biggest enemy. The rivalry between them was a little bit childish in Juliette's opinion. "I think Krum's going to be the best of them all."

Even though she didn't oppose to the idea that much, she still felt like she needed to defend her friend. "I'm sure Cedric will be successful as well."

Draco's lips curled into a faint smile after her words though he didn't make any further comments.

She was silently waiting for the first contestant to appear while Draco talked to his friends quietly, laughing with them at times.

Suddenly, a feminine cough that came behind her startled her a little bit.

Juliette looked over her shoulder to see the unpleasant face of Pansy Parkinson staring at her, in Juliette's opinion, in an extremely unfriendly manner.

"Will you scoot over?" She asked, pointing at the tiny space between her and Draco. "That's my seat."

Juliette tried not to roll her eyes as she moved away from Draco to make space for the dark haired girl. Pansy took her place in between them, sitting a bit closer to Draco, who left his conversation with his friends when he felt a movement beside him.

He looked at Pansy, and confusion took over his face once again since he was expecting to see Juliette. Then his eyes caught her frail body, hiding herself under her black coat and rubbing her hands together to keep herself warm.