Chapter 31

It's been too long I know I'm sorry don't hurt me :((((((((((((((

▬ ▬ ▬۩▬ ▬ ▬

   "You're going to take one sip of this every night."

Juliette's eyes were not focused. They were simply staring at the vial she was holding in her shaky hands while Snape's instructions echoed in her head.

The dorm room was empty. Even Elvis was gone. Juliette remembered last seeing him downstairs, curled up on an empty chair near a lone plant and sleeping soundlessly.

Her white sleeping gown was sprawled on the sheets as she rested her elbows on her knees, shoulders slouched and head tiredly hanging.

She delicately tapped the glass, giving the liquid inside a jolt. It's been two days since Snape gave her this particular draught, yet the bottle remained unopened. Juliette was surprised with herself, with her unexpected decision. She was the one who begged for help in the first place, telling the uncomfortable tale of her visions with her quiet voice and curiously widened eyes. But she didn't drink the unfamiliar potion.

That night, she had a dream. It was more like a nightmare in her opinion but she didn't want to call it that just to reduce its eeriness. She dreamt about the very vision she had that day at the Divination classroom. Everything was similar. The darkness that was becoming quite familiar, the blinding fog, Harry's panicked expression, Cedric's confused questions and him.

Oh, how she hated him. She hated him for invading her thoughts, for giving her headaches and sleepless nights, for making paranoia her closest best friend, for the hissing sounds she kept hearing throughout the day even though it was only a creation of her imagination.

Her dream was quite similar to her latest vision. Except for one thing. She wasn't a part of it this time, which helped her figure out that it was a peculiar feature of experiencing a vision through a crystal orb.

Instead of her, Cedric was the one who walked closer to an extremely panicked Harry. He kept shouting at Cedric to run, begging him to leave just like he did to Juliette in the previous vision.

She, then, understood. She understood why Harry was looking through her like he couldn't really see her. His focus was actually on Cedric. Which meant that Voldemort aimed at him when he cast the killing curse. Why?

It didn't make any sense at all. Not that she had anything normal happen to her since the school year started, but this? This would easily win itself the first place in the competition of unusual events in Juliette's unusual year.

"No way I'm letting you copy my essay, Hannah." Susan's voice reached Juliette's ears before the crack of the stairs did. "It took me two days to finish."

Juliette panicked. She didn't want any of her roommates to see the potion but she wasn't ready to put it in a small box and hide it under the bed. She was actually deciding whether to drink it or not. Or trying to decide.

"It's not like you spent two whole days on it. I saw you with Ernie." Hannah said.

Juliette stood up, not knowing what to do. Of course she wanted to get rid of her visions and sleep soundlessly for at least once but then... she wanted answers. What if she could learn to take control of them and–

No. Something might go wrong. She should just wait for Snape to have a talk with Trelawney.

"That has nothing to do with my essay." Susan's footsteps were coming closer.

Juliette opened the bottle and took a sip before hurriedly putting it back in a box. She kneeled down and pushed the box under her bed when the door suddenly opened, startling Juliette.