Chapter 23

Draco was flipping through the pages of Juliette's new healing book that was gifted to her by Cedric.

"So you want to be a healer, then?" He asked, absentmindedly looking at the pictures that were demonstrating how to brew a potion correctly. His chin was resting in his left palm as his eyes skimmed the page.

Juliette shrugged before leaning back on her chair. The library was quiet except for soft paper sounds and murmurs that passed between her and Draco, who was sitting in front of her.

"I think so." She replied while playing with her fingers which were resting on the table. "I really like helping Madam Pomfrey out whenever I'm free."

Draco raised his brows, looking slightly impressed, before closing the book and pushing it towards Juliette. She put it back in her shoulder bag.

"Is that so?" He asked, almost causing Juliette to roll her eyes at his mocking tone. "I thought you'd want to get a job at the Ministry."

"Why would you think that?" She asked, looking slightly confused by his remark.

Draco leaned back on his chair, copying Juliette, and shrugged. "I don't know. Isn't that families like ours expect from their children? To get a respectful job and make a lot of money."

"And marry a rich, pure-blood wizard." Juliette added, causing him to laugh.

"Exactly!" Draco exclaimed, earning annoyed glances from other students which he ignored. Juliette couldn't help but smile when a harsh "Shhhh!" came from the other side of the library. They couldn't see the owner of the sound but there was no need to be a genius to know that it belonged to Madam Pince.

"By the way," Juliette started with a low voice. "Healers are respected. And needed."

Draco stayed silent for a moment before uttering a quiet "Okay." and looking away with a faint smile. Even though he didn't made his opinion known, Juliette was sure that he didn't agree with her.

"You disagree." She pointed out, causing him to look at her once again.

"I didn't say that." He replied with a raised brow. Juliette watched him cross his arms before rolling her eyes.

"Why do you disagree?" She asked, trying not to sound offended as she ignored his previous sentence.

Draco slowly shook his head and leaned forward, his crossed arms resting on the hard surface of the table. "I don't disagree. I just believe that it's not the best job out there."

"Oh, really?" She said, not paying attention to her slightly raised voice. She did sound offended, much to Draco's amusement. "Do you see this?" She asked, pointing at her smooth forehead, which was now completely rid of her unfortunate bruise. "If it weren't for the salve Madam Pomfrey prepared for me, I'd still have–"

"You're not listening to me." Draco interrupted her rushed words, causing a frown to appear on her pale face. "It's a nice job, but not the best. That's all."

"Fine." She said, not trying to hide her frustration, and grabbed her bag which was sitting on the chair next to her.

"Where are you going?" Draco asked, restraining himself from rolling his eyes at her behaviour.

"The lunch is about to start." She replied, not looking at him as she stood up from the library's chair.

"Alright." Draco copied her actions once again and stood up before grabbing his bag from the floor. He immediately started following Juliette out of the quiet room full of books and annoyed looks that he kept receiving from the students.