Chapter 29

The chirping of the birds outside sounded familiar. Too familiar that Juliette found it funny how she could guess where she was by the sounds she was hearing even before opening her eyes. The warmth of the sun caressing her cheeks were comforting. Comfort. Something she needed to feel so desperately since her crystal orb fell right in front of her feet. But then again, it was the reason why she wasn't opening her eyes. She knew the bright lights would viciously attack her poor pupils if she dared to move her eyelids.

"This is the second time she's coming here unconscious, you know." Juliette heard someone speaking with a hushed voice. "But I checked her and she's completely healthy, though I suspect that she might be in a great need of rest." She had no doubt that it was Madam Pomfrey, standing a few feet away from her and clutching her hands together with a worried expression.

There was a short silence filled by the birdsongs.

"Who did you say brought her here?" Asked someone else. It strongly resembled to Professor Sprout's gentle voice. Juliette could imagine the confused yet attentive look on her face.

"Mr Potter did."

Potter? Juliette almost opened her eyes, lifted herself up with some help from her elbows and shouted, "No way!".

"And what did he say? That she just collapsed?" Sprout asked.

"Yes. Apparently she left the class because she wasn't feeling well."

Juliette took in a deep breath and then quietly sighed. She remembered everything in detail, vividly, and the images replaying in her mind over and over again since she woke up didn't make the situation easier for her. Those serpentine eyes were glued inside of her eyelids and wherever she looked, she couldn't see anything else. It brought back confusion, fear and emptiness.

Emptiness.

Every single emotion and thought except for the cold and dark ones were drained out of her body and she couldn't feel anything else. She believed that when she opens her eyes, she'd see the world in black and white. No other colour in between.

Juliette wondered if having your soul consumed by a dementor felt like this. They were known for draining peace, hope and happiness out of the air around them and truth to be told, she felt like a huge dementor was floating right beside her bed, waiting for her to open her eyes so it could begin the process.

"Cedric, run!" Harry's scream echoed in her ears. It was full of agony and fear that it caused Juliette to squeeze her eyes with a disturbed grimace.

"Where's Mr. Potter now?" Sprout asked. Her voice slightly calmed Juliette down. It made her remember that she was finally out of that horrible vision, and that she wasn't trapped inside that small orb anymore.

"He waited here for a bit but I sent him to the lunch." Pomfrey answered with a sigh. "I don't know when she'll wake up."

She couldn't believe her ears. Harry Potter waited for her to wake up? This was even more confusing than the secret meaning behind the visions she kept having. Was he the one who followed her out of the classroom right before she fainted? She could barely remember anything except for the intense vision. She wondered why he helped her when she's clearly been hanging out with the person he detested the most.

Figuring that darkness only triggered the unpleasant images swimming around in her head, she decided to open her eyes and announce that she was awake.

Just as she imagined, bright sunlight coming through the windows immediately stabbed her in the eyes, causing a groan to escape from her mouth.

Madam Pomfrey and Professor Sprout's ears perked up as they noticed that Juliette was finally awake and stirring under the thin blanket. They rushed to her bed, ready to help in case she asked for something.