Chapter 45

The raven haired girl was sitting under a large tree near the lake while holding a book in her lap. There must've been a breeze because her haired kept gracefully blowing in the wind, sometimes covering her face. She had to stop holding down the page to tuck the loose strands behind her ear.

She was wearing Cedric's Hufflepuff scarf. It hugged her neck loosely, the ends touching the grass.

Juliette opened her eyes. A short breath left her lips as she retracted her hands from the scarf. It wasn't something she was expecting to see when she gathered her courage to touch the knitted scarf. She didn't know if she was relieved or disappointed.

Feeling a liquid come down from her nostrils, Juliette reached out to grab a tissue from the box on her bedside table. She gently pressed it below her nose, tilting her head back. The white paper was covered with blood stains in no time.

She was getting used to it. She was getting used to bleeding noses, insufferable headaches, sudden emotions that came with the visions and dizziness. And they were getting better too. For the past few days she's been walking around her room to find something significant to touch and look into the future with ease. Each time, she felt less and less uncomfortable when the short visions ended. Sometimes she couldn't see anything. She often felt intimidated by the never ending realm of darkness in her mind. Sometimes she saw something and felt an immense headache afterwards but they would be gone before she could count to three. The most unfortunate thing about pushing herself to open her Inner Eye was the bleeding noses. It never got any better.

She covered her nose completely with the tissue, only breathing through her mouth, and rested her elbows on her knees. Elvis jumped on the bed, purring as he sat on Cedric's scarf before turning on his back, rubbing himself on the knit.

"Stop it." Juliette warned with annoyance, pushing Elvis away. She didn't want fur on the scarf and she definitely didn't want what was left of Cedric's scent to get mixed with the smell of cat.

Elvis, still purring, brushed against Juliette's leg, expecting a pet from his owner. Juliette ignored him and stood up from the bed, taking Cedric's scarf with her to put it safely in her wardrobe.

"Juliette!" Her mother's voice sounded from the corridor just as Juliette shut the wardrobe's door.

"Yes, mother?" She replied back, listening to the approaching sound of high heels against marble floor.

Ingrid opened Juliette's door and entered without knocking, holding an opened letter in her hand.

"Your letter just arrived. And it's about time. They should've sent it weeks ago, I don't know what took so long." She said, exasperated, while waving around the letter which had Hogwarts' sigil on it. Juliette felt anxious just by looking at it. Her chest tightened a little as she realised the new school year was approaching quickly.

"Anyway, we have to go to Diagon Alley and buy what you need."

"Now?" Juliette asked with a grimace.

"Yes." Ingrid said firmly. "Last year we left it to the last minute and you almost went to Hogwarts with second hand materials! I hate this time of the year. I mean, I understand that it's a busy time of the year but how hard can it be to restock sold items? I'm not even going to mention how packed it's going to be. I swear, sometimes I can't even walk with all those people."

Juliette listened with raised eyebrows, surprised how annoyed her mother actually was with buying school supplies.

"It's okay if you don't want to go. I can go with father." She said with a shrug, still holding a tissue against her nose.