Chapter 37

The next few weeks passed rather quickly. The third task was nearing the corner and everyone was excited about it. The tournament was the only thing people talked about in the corridors, in classes before the professors arrived, in the Great Hall during breakfast and lunch and dinner... There were two students who were sick of hearing the same conversations filled with excitement, and they were Harry Potter and Juliette Avery.

Juliette... She attended so many sessions with Trelawney that she couldn't count the days spent in the Divination classroom even if she tried to. Now that the summer holiday was approaching, the daily classes were beginning to become lighter and less intense with less time consuming homework. So Juliette took the opportunity and went to Professor Trelawney with an open mind, willing to learn more. The time they spend together wasn't just limited within weekends now and it suddenly made the process of becoming a skilled Seer quicker.

Although, it wasn't always pleasant.

Juliette walked through the garden... But was it a garden? No, no it was the training grounds, obviously. She was carrying a broom. The brand or the model wasn't very clear.

She was wearing a uniform. Not her everyday school uniforms though...

A strange feeling ran through Juliette's body as she opened her eyes. It felt like a very weak lightning struck her, causing every single hair on her body to rise. The headache that suddenly appeared wasn't very strong, but it was uncomfortable.

"Well?" Trelawney stared at Juliette with big, expectant eyes. "Did you see anything?"

"I don't want to do this again." Juliette said with a sligh discomfort in her voice. She was blinking rapidly, trying to get rid of the strange feelings that was attacking her body.

"Don't worry, it will pass in no time." Trelawney assured her, empathising with how she must be feeling. "Did you see anything? Anything at all?"

Juliette closed her eyes, rubbed the bridge of her nose and nodded. She couldn't see the big grin on Trelawney's face.

"Oh, my! And this is only your third attempt! I'm so proud of you, my dear!" The professor exclaimed, sounding way too happy about the situation. "What did you see? Can you remember?"

Juliette didn't answer for a moment. She waited until the tingles in her body disappeared along with her weak headache.

"I'm not sure. It wasn't very clear." She answered, trying to remember what the vision's contained without pushing herself too much and giving herself another headache. "I only saw myself. I was carrying a broom, I think."

"Oh, well." Trelawney's reaction almost made Juliette smile. Was she disappointed? "We can't expect you to see something huge for your first time. And you've actually done this much quicker than I've had anticipated, so well done."

Feeling like herself again, Juliette nodded. She was too tired to use words. She hated how exhausted the visions made her. Only if there was a way to gain immunity to that...

For the past few days, Trelawney attempted to teach her how to enter a trance willingly. It was actually the first thing she wanted to do after the meditations, but she couldn't rush Juliette so she talked and talked and talked about the proper way to do it until Juliette was ready. They meditated first so Juliette's mind would be empty and relaxed along with her body. Trelawney made the relaxation part shorter today to challenge Juliette a little bit.

Then she leaned against a wall while still sitting on a red cushion so she wouldn't have to worry about falling down.

For the next part, Trelawney told her to look for her Inner Eye and open it. Juliette was confused. She didn't know what to really look for. She failed the first time. She almost did it the second time but she still wasn't sure about the very thing she was after, how to reach that inner part of hers, so she failed. Her third attempt could be considered a success even though it was very short. She associated opening the Inner Eye with waking up from a sleep, which was quite ironic. She imagined how it felt to wake up every day, to detach herself from the dream world when her brain decided to.