#Chapter 8

"Kao... Even though you got a boyfriend, I'll never give up to make you mine."

He feel heat rising in his face and ears get warm when heard what Pete just said. He immediately pushed Pete away to hide his blushing. But, no matter how hard he tried to hide, the pink blush which appeared on both of his cheeks were easy for Pete to read that he just made Kao to feel butterfly in the stomach.

"Kao--"

"I'm sorry Pete-- I mean, sir.. This doesn't feel right to me. It's impossible for us to be together."

"How can you be so sure? You haven't try!"

"I don't have to try anything."

"I'm not asking you to be my boyfriend right now. I'm just asking you to not push me away and reject me like this when I haven't start anything! At least...let me show you how truly I am with my words, na?" Pete said, almost sound like he was begging for his life.

Kao stared back at him and with determination, he said - "I'm sorry Pe-- sir. I am glad and amazed that you showed interest in me but the problem is I love someone else. There's someone in my heart already."

"I know you don't have a boyfriend!"

"Yes I lied about that. I don't have a boyfriend. But I do have someone I already in love with."

Pete doesn't know what else he should said to convince his angel. When he saw Kao turned his back and started to walk away, he wanted to stop him and hugged him tightly. But, what makes him halted his stepped were Kao's next words.

"Whatever you do, it's not worth it. I'll never fall for you. So don't waste your time for me."

====================

Kao bit his fingernail while thinking about the things that happened between him and Pete a while ago. He remembered everything what he said to Pete, especially the last sentences he uttered before successfully escaped from the stubborn man.

"Whatever you do, it's not worth it. I'll never fall for you. So don't waste your time for me."

And now, he regretted saying it. Regretted not because he refused to give any chances to Pete, but regretted at his own choice of words because he just realized how rude and harsh he sounds like. 'Maybe I could reject him in a more polite way.' - he thought.

"You got a drumstick on your plate but choose to bite your fingernails?"

Kao got startled by the voice and looked up. Tofu and Nat were looking at him weirdly before they took their seat; Tofu in front of Kao while Nat took a seat beside Kao.

"I heard from Porsche that you faint last night." Nat said and arm wrapped around Kao's shoulder. And just with that, it was enough to make Kao's heart flutter.

"I'm sorry Kao. We shouldn't have left you going home alone last night." Tofu said with a pout.

"I'm fine Tofu. No need to apologize." And Kao replied him also with a pout, before both of them giggled cutely.

"Have I ever tell you that you have the cutest pout ever?" Hearing what Nat just said, it's make Kao's heart to skip a beat. But, he hide his blushing right away by slapping Nat's arm. "Tofu! Your boyfriend try to flirt me! Do something!" He said but Tofu just laughed.

"But I agree with him. Your pout is the cutest ever!"

"Ai'Tofu!"

Nat ruffled Kao's hair before pinched his cheek and caused him to whimper in pain. "Tofu! Get your boyfriend far away from me! My cheeks hurts!" He slapped Nat's hand again.