#Chapter 27

*Flashback*

Kao held the letter in his hand in a tighter gripped, wasn't mind anymore if the paper crumpled. He was so nervous. Right now, he was looking at his crush a.k.a his friend - Nat, who was playing basketball with his team.

"Fine! Let's do this Kao!" He told, encouraging himself.

After the team finished playing, Kao stood up from his seat once saw Nat was alone at the bench.

"Kao!" Suddenly, someone called him.

"Tofu, what's wrong? Why are you running?" He immediately hided the letter in his hand behind his back.

"I need to tell you something. I can't hide this anymore. It's very suffocating."

"What it is?"

Tofu breathe in and out before he spoke. "I like P'Nat!"

Kao's eyes widened. He needed to confirm it once again if his ears didn't play trick at him. "S-Say it again?"

"I like P'Nat and I'm going to confess to him right now. I couldn't hide this anymore but at the same time, I'm afraid for a rejection."

Not even the entire languages could explain the rush he get in his veins when he heard his best friend also like Nat. And he must be stupid for encouraging Tofu and buried his own planned to confess. "You don't have to ask him out..." Kao had said. "You just have to tell him how you feel."

Do you ever see something that just breaks your heart and you just kind of "Oh" and stare at nothing because you want to burst into tears and punch a wall? That was when Kao know that his crush likes none other than his own best friend.

"P'Nat accept me! He kiss me! He told me he also like me for so long! I should just confess to him instead of hiding it!"

Knowing that your crush likes your best friend was equal to hearing something that kills you inside and having to pretend it does not. Kao felt himself being killed twice that day.

"I secretly envy my best friend because every guys and girls has a crush on him but none likes me. Even my crush has feelings for my best friend. It is not entirely his fault but I still envy."

Why do they call it crush? Because that is how you feel when he does not feel the same way in return.

"A couple of eye contact with my crush is more than enough to heal my heartbreak. That's why I still staying with them till this day."

*End of Flashback*

================

"S-Since when did you know?"

"That day when Tofu confess to me, I saw you threw a letter. And it's turn out that letter is for me."

"Y-You read...?"

How Kao wished he could burry himself right now because of this so much embarrassment.

"I don't want to lose you as a friend. That's why I pretend not to know."

"But you're making fool of me... All this years..." Kao doesn't have any guts to look at Nat. He realized how stupid he was to make himself looked visible so Nat would look at him for once, but turn out that Nat could actually saw him but chose to look away instead.

"I'm sorry. At first, I thought that you'll move on one day--"

"Phi..."

"Yes?"