#Chapter 11

It was already nighttime when Pete pulled over his car at the garage of his house. He switched off the engine and after a few second staring into space, he lean his head back on the headrest, closing his eyes for a few minutes as he recalled uneasily everything that had happen today.

1. He tried to empress Kao by saying that he got skills at shooting. They play the shooting games and Pete target to win the big teddy for Kao. But, it wasn't really his luck because he kept miss the target no matter how many time he tried. Kao was so sad that Pete couldn't get the teddy as he promised and Pete had learned his lesson not to show off and brag for nothing.

2. There's a performance at the carnival and they went there to watch it. And then out of nowhere, Pete got called on the stage to sing for his special one. It was just for a minute, but he realized his voice crack for couple of times. Embarrassed by Pete's action, Kao left the scene and pretended not to know him.

3. Still at the carnival, when he and Kao joined the bakery class, it was such a disaster. Everytime he tried to help Kao, there must be an incident happen like he broke the utensils and made things went messy. At the end, Kao kicked him out from the class.

4. They went on a date to a pretty nice restaurant and when the check came, Pete's card got declined. He tried another credit card that he hadn't used in a very long time and that got declined too. At the end, he asked money from Khai and while waiting for him, that must've been an awkward 45 minutes for both he and Kao

What could go worst?

He wasn't expect the date would be a total disaster. He sighed, defeated. At his age, he was such a lost cause when it comes to dating.

"Aw Pete, where have you been?" His dad asked when saw Pete walked in.

"Dad..."

"Yes?"

"What should I do?"

"About what?"

Pete let out a heavy sighed before he weakly walked towards his father and sat beside him. Then, he told him everything what happened today except Kao's identity. He just used the term of 'My Angel' instead of revealing Kao's name.

His dad laughed out loud at him at the ended of his story.

"Dad! Stop laughing!"

"Hahahaa! I'm sorry. I just didn't expect you're such a disaster."

"I got the blood from you."

The old man tried to collect his sanity before he looked at Pete seriously. "So,  you want to give up?"

"Of course no! I will get him no matter what! But... I don't have confidence anymore to do so. Who wants to be with a clumsy and a disaster person like me?" He let out a sighed but soon he whimpered in pain because his dad smack him in the head.

"Dad! What's that for?!" He rubbed his head where his dad just smacked.

"If he is the one who you have been dreaming about, the one you want in that alter, then never ever say that you don't have confidence to make it happen. I know my sons always meant everything what they said. And I know you will not easily give up. Things are not always going to work out the way you want to and that's okay, just don't give up. One day, your hard work will pay off."

Pete got emotional. This was the first time ever that his father tried to motivate him about love.

"Knowing that you're the son of Vihokratana but still doesn't want to be with you, it tells me that he is really a good guy and not someone who's after money. So son, go get him as my son in law no matter what."