#Chapter 13

*plak!*

A hard smack landed on the side of Pete's head. "Don't you ever say that again! Because the answer is always NO!" Said Kao irritated.

For a moment, he forgot with who he was facing right now. If someone saw what he just did to Pete, he surely will get a warning letter, a punishment, or even get fired.

"I'm s-sorry." He apologized immediately but Pete laughed instead.

Did I smack him too hard until cause him to be crazy? But he is already crazy. Did I make him become more crazier?

"Stop laughing already! I didn't mean to hit you that hard. I'm sorry. I'm just shock to hear that from you."

Pete didn't mean to confess like that though. He said that because he was startled by Kao's yelled.

"Apology not accepted."

"Uh?"

Suddenly, Pete leaned closer and Kao moved back until his back met the car door. Now he was cornered between the door and Pete's body.

"W-What are you doing?" Kao asked nervously.

Then, without any warning, Pete leaned a peck to Kao's cheek. Just a short one before he retreated back to his seat.

"Y-Yaaah! How dare you?!" Kao wipe his cheek as if the peck would get him virus.

"That...what I call an apology." Pete was indeed so daring!

Kao's face was already red like a tomato. It was a mix of anger and embarrassment.

If only Kao knew what Pete had seen on him the moment he saw Kao walked towards his car. It feels like a moving pictures where Pete saw himself laughing happily with Kao and 4 kids by their side. They looked like a family. A perfect and a happy one. That's why Pete blurted out the question out of nowhere because he thought those scenes he saw would be his future soon.

"I'm sorry too..." Blurted Pete.

Yes you should! You kiss me without my permission!

"...for confessing without a ring."

"WHAT?!" Kao's eyes widened as he looked at Pete in disbelief. That's not what he expected. He clearly made himself clear before that he wouldn't accept that kind of confession ever again.

"I'll try again in the future."

"I said don't."

"I will."

"Never said that again!"

"I will kneel with a box of ring one day."

"Don't Pete."

"I will confess to you one day."

"I don't like you."

"You will one day."

"NEVER!"

"I'm sure you will fall harder for me one day." Pete's smile reached his ears.

Kao took a deep breathe. "Whatever. Can we go now?"

"Where did you want to go?"

"Home. You promise me to send me home!"

"Did I? I don't remember saying that."

"Ai'Pete! Stop getting on my nerves!"

"Hahhaa! You look even more cuter when you're mad."

"You're crazy!"

"Yes I think so too. Crazy falling for you over and over."

Kao squinted his eyes; glaring at Pete. "Say one more word....I'm going to leave on my own."