24

As the car pulled up to the restaurant where we were going to eat, I pulled out the lipstick I was going to wear and started applying it to my lips. Luckily, a few weeks ago the doctor told Christian that he no longer needed to use his crutches. Instead, he needed to wear his brace. He was allowed to drive but was still told to keep away from the game he loves. Seeing some of the people he has grown close to in recent years was sure to make him feel like he wasn't missing out.

"Have I told you how beautiful you look tonight?" Christian said as he put the car in park turning towards me. I decided on a plum purple dress that fits right in all the right places. With the little time I had I was still somewhat able to make my hair look presentable after playing in his flower beds.

"Yeah I think that makes the third time. Although I would look much better if I had a bit more time" I say as I shoot him a dirty look as a joke.

"Morgan you could have worn sweatpants and a shirt with stains and you would still be the most beautiful woman in the world." Christian reaches across and grabs my hand and kisses the top of it. No matter how much I can pretend to me mad at him, I know it's not possible. 

"Thank you" I say as I start to let down the facade that I was mad at him. A few moments later we are walking into the back of the restaurant where a room has been set aside to host some of  Milwaukee's favorite baseball players. Ryan and his wife Larissa, Lorenzo and Jenny, as well as Josh Hader and Maria had all beat us and had already chosen their drinks. The boys all start to great Christian as we take our seats

"Sorry we are late. Getting Morgan in the car was a little difficult" Christian says.

"It would have been a lot easier if I knew this was happening sooner than two hours before we were supposed to be here." I jab. The boys all introduce me to their significant others before I order a glass of wine.

Getting to spend time with everyone outside of work is something I've grown to enjoy. Our interactions are always brief and usually contained to "good job" or "good game", so getting to share stories about our lives outside of the ball park is always a good time. We share stories about the team, where we grew up, and surprisingly the correct way to put on a toilet paper roll.

Christian and I left the restaurant with our stomachs full and our hearts even fuller. Despite spending the evening with friends, it still felt romantic between me and Christian. The whole night I felt like the feelings I have about him were continuing to grow. Everything this man does for me makes me realized that the feelings I feel towards him aren't going away any time soon. The house was quiet when we got home. As I step through the door I take off the heels I was wearing and head upstairs to Christian's room to change. I set the heels down in a corner before I feel a pair of hand on my hips that must belong to the outfielder whose room I'm in. 

"I'm ready to light a candle" I said.

-A few weeks prior-
Christian and I sat in my living room snuggled up on my couch watching some random movie we had found on Netflix. His thumb was tracing random patterns on my thigh underneath the blanket. We both had grown very attached since he had asked me to be his girlfriend. Almost all of our time outside of the ball park was spent together. No matter how close I was to him, I craved that feeling of being even closer to him.

To fulfill that craving, I decided that his lap would be a better place to sit. I took the blanket off of me and adjusted myself to where I was straddling Christian. His hair has grown out since we first met and my fingers found their way to the base of his head and began to play with the ends of his hair.

"Hey" Christian whispers.

"Hey" I whisper back. Christian's hand moves up to where he is cupping the side of my face. Before long, our lips find each other and melt together. His hand moves from my face to the sides of my hips where it begins to mirror the other and glide from my thigh to just below my chest. We continue to kiss and passion continues to grow between us. Things begin to get heated before I know I have to stop it despite craving to feel him all over.

"C I can't. Not right now" I tell him as I pull away.

"Okay. I understand. Can I ask why?"

"Some things happened that I don't exactly want to talk about but I haven't completely healed from. I want nothing more than to take that next step but I'm not sure I'm ready" I tell him.

"Mo it's okay. I understand. I have a question though" he says. I nod my head for him to continue with his question. "How will I know when you are ready?"

"I'll light you a candle"