18

My eyes fluttered open and the smell of Christian flooded my nose. I almost forgot that he stayed the night. His chest slowly rises as he breathes. His left arm rest behind his head. My eyes scan every part of his body when they land in something I've never seen before.

It was a tattoo. I never even knew he had one. As many times as I've seen this man without a shirt on, this is the first time I've really seen it. I slowly sit up and look at it a little bit closer while trying not to wake Christian up.

"Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards" he says as his eyes fluttered open. The sudden shift from quiet to there being noise catches me off guard.

"How did you know I was looking at it?" I ask him.

"I could feel you eyes on it"he tell me. I nod as I lay my head back on his chest. "Have you heard anything about your grandma this morning?"

I sit up and grab my phone from the charger. There was a text from my mom.

Good morning sweetheart. I just wanted to update you on your grands. She's doing a lot better this morning. They gave her a lot of fluids over the night and they will see how things go today and they are looking to release her tonight. There no need to fly home unless you just miss us too much. Now go focus on that fancy job of yours. We are cheering for you here- mom.

I smile knowing that I still have time with my grandma. I turn to Christian to tell him the news.

"She's going to be okay" I tell him as I start to choke up on tears of joy. He sits up and hugs me. The stress of the past 12 or so hours melts away in the form of tears on Christians shoulders. He doesn't see me to notice because he doesn't push me away. I pull away after a few seconds and finish drying my tears.

"I'm need to stop crying. It's a travel day" I laugh. Christian repeats my action and wipes away a few stray tears. Soon he leans in and kisses me. I soak in as much as I can because I know I won't be able to do much of this today.

"You know we won't be able to do much of this today" I tell him when I pull away. His demeanor changes slightly to show that what I said I slightly upset him.

"I know but when we get there can it be us" He ask me as he rubbed little circles on my hand.

"We'll see. I still a reporter trying to get my name out there. My career is too fragile for any tabloid rumors" I tell him. He nods even though I knew he didn't want to accept what I just said. I pull his chin up and give him a peck before we started getting ready for the day ahead of us.

Christian and I decided that it was probably a better idea if we showed up to the airport separately just in case. We stopped by the stadium and got Christians car before going to the airport. The flight to Pittsburgh wasn't supposed to be too long and I could use the time to get work done. I gave my keys to the valet and gathered my things to go through security.

The airport was luckily not very crowded so it a was a breeze getting though security. I pulled my cardigan back over my leggings and croptop before I went over to the Starbucks that was in the airport. I ordered just an iced white mocha with vanilla sweet cream and caramel drizzle and waited for my order.

I was scrolling through some things on my phone when I heard a woman behind me say "well go ask her sweetheart". It wasn't long before I felt the corner of cardigan be tugged.

"E-Excuse me. Are you Morgan from the baseball team?" A little girl ask me. She couldn't have been older than five. Her mother was just a few feet behind her.

"Yeah that's me. What can I do for you princess?" I ask her. I kneel down to her level so I wouldn't be as intimidating.

"Can I take a picture with you?" She ask me sweetly.

"Absolutely. What's your name? You know mine but I don't know yours" I ask her. She starts to smile before telling me her name.

"My name is Caroline and my birthday is tomorrow and I'm going to be this many" she tells me before holding up five fingers.

"Well my goodness you are going to be a whole hand! Happy birthday!" I tell her. Her mother interrupt and reminds us both of the picture we were going to take. We both smile and I hear my drink order called.

"I hate to bother you but would you mind sending me that picture?" I ask her mother . She agrees and I give her my number so that she could send it to me. I tell the small girl goodbye before we go out separate ways. I grab my drink and head to the private gate that the brewers organization would be taking.

We all board the plane and I have yet to see Christian. The mystery does not last too long because I pass him on the way to the back where the media team sits. I touch his arm and tell him to text me before we take off.

I find my seat and get settled before I take out my phone and let Christian know the plan that I was arranging for a special little girl.