21

Miami was HOT.

Even if I was from the humid swamps if Louisiana, the years of living in Milwaukee during the winter had ruined my ability to handle heat.

The plane touched down a few hours ago and we had made it to the hotel for the night. At this point, I wanted nothing more than to be in my own bed. It was just three days until I could lay on my couch and do nothing.

Some how, once again, Christian managed to get us rooms that connected.

"You know, if this keeps happening people are going to get suspicious" I say as the door opens and Christian walks in and takes a set in my bed and starts flipping through the tv channels.

"How would they know" He ask me.

"Oh I don't know, maybe they would use their eyes and see" I tell him as I start to hang up my clothes. My suitcase was slowly starting to be over run by my dirty laundry.

"Well that's their problem. Speaking of everyone, the team was talking about going swimming tonight to relax some. You should join us." Christian tells me.

"As much as I would love that, just imagine what would happen in the media if anyone saw that. Besides I need to do some laundry and catch up on some work." I tell him.

"But you would miss a show" he says getting up from his spot and coming up to me. He tries to flex some of his muscles to impress me and convince me.

"Don't worry I have Magic Mike on the TV" I tell him with a smirk. He rolls his eyes and retreats to his room.

The next few days were long ones. I think the heat was starting to wear us all out, even if the park has a roof and too many air conditioning units to count. Thankfully, today was the last game of the series and we get to go home.

It was the top of the first inning and the crowd was almost neutral. Many fans wore Christian's name on their backs. Some jerseys were brewers and some were marlins. The past few days Christian played like he was at home, and in a way he kind of was.

As he walked up to bat,the fans roared. They really loved him here. Christians just kept smiling at all of the support he got. His smile made me smile.

However, something about this at bat made me feel uneasy. Usually I am fine when Christian was at the plate, but something was not right about this one. My leg was bouncing in my seat and I could tell it was starting to to annoy Joesph. He would look over every couple of seconds.

The first pitch heads out and it's a strike. There is nothing wrong with a strike by no means. Strikes happen all the time. The second pitch takes its turn and it almost too close to the outside of the strike zone for my liking. Christian steps out of the box for a couple of practice swings as he is starting to figure out the pitcher. My nerves continue to spiral out of control as I watch every move closely.

Then the third pitch launches into action. Even from my spot on the first base line, I could tell it was a bad pitch. Milliseconds later a crack sounds throughout the stadium, but not from a bat. The next thing I see is Christian on the ground. Just like everyone else in the stadium, I'm on my feet trying to get a better look. I see him try to stand up, but he falls back down. He tries again, but it's just the same result.

Soon med crews are at his side. I don't even notice myself trying to get to him until I feel a firm hand on my wrist.

"Morgan you can't go out there. It doesn't matter how close you two are" Joesph says. I just nod my head and turn back to the scene unfolding in front of me. Christian is getting up with the assistance of the med staff. They carry him off the field and down into the clubhouse.

Minutes now feel like hours as I wait for any word on Christian. Of course people wanted an update but every time they asked I had to tell them we still knew nothing. The game had to continue. There was nothing else that could happen. You could tell the team was on edge after seeing what had just happened and they were just as worried about him as I was. Soon, Craig Council in emerging from the clubhouse. I watch his every move knowing he just talked to Christian. What I wasn't expecting however, was the fact that he was walking up to me.

"Yeli asked to see you, but anything he says can not be told to the public unless he tells you it can. We are trying to keep too much from getting out." He tells me. I nod and we make our way to the clubhouse.

When we enter, Christian is on one of the medical tables with some ice on his knee. No matter how strong he was, you could tell he was hurt. His show a hint that he was crying, which never happens. My eyes start to water up purely over the stress of everything going on. His head shoots up when he hears the sound of my heels clicking on the floor. I stop as soon as we make eye contact and it's like I could no longer move. I hated seeing him like this knowing that this could be really serious and Christian could be out for the remainder of the season.

"Mo" He squeaks out as he tries to hold back tears again. Now I know I have to be the strong one for him like he always is for me. He opens his arms and my feet carry themselves over to him. I engulf him in one of the best hugs that I can give. I soon feel him start to cry. I whisper to him that everything is going to be okay. He whispers back in between sobs that it hurts. We stand like this for a while, me just being there for him because I know he needs it.