15

The following hours my social media's continued to gain a mass of followers. I didn't really know what to do about beside sit aside at watch it happen.

Christian and I decided to spend the day at his place. Unfortunately I had some work to do on my laptop, so when I got home from Denny's I showered and made myself presentable. I threw on some shorts and a crop top from Fourth of July. I threw my laptop in the case and went down to my car and began the drive to Christian hotel of a home. The radio hummed in the background for the short ride.

I pulled up and got out, grabbing my things. I looked to the sky to see that clouds were starting to gather. Shrugging it off, I knock on the door and Christian let me in.

"Hey I was just about to hop in the shower if that's okay" He says letting me in.

"No go ahead. I've got some work to do anyways while I wait" I tell him. He gives me the whole "make yourself at home" lecture before going back upstairs and taking his shower.

I plop down on the couch and grab a blanket to throw over my legs, knowing how cold Christian keeps his house. I open my laptop and check emails. There's just a few business and junk mail before I see one from my supervisor telling me I'll have to do a brief summary of previous games while I'm on are tomorrow. Considering the fact that I've spent most of my time with Christian, I've haven't actually watched many of the games. I open a tab on the computer for YouTube to watch some highlights along with one for a google doc to take notes on. Reaching into my computer bag to grab some headphones, I look through the back window of Christians house to see that the sky has gotten much more cloudy than when I came in. A little rain wouldn't hurt us so I just plugged the headphones in and got comfortable. Christian came down the stairs when I was a few clips in.

"It's starting to look a little nasty out there doesn't it" He says looking out the windows. I turn to see that not only has the sky darkened, but the wind was now starting to pick up a little. It was just enough to stir up the trees but not enough to be concerned about.

"Yeah but I don't think it's anything to be concerned about right now" I tell him as I unpause the video. Christian stares out the window for a few more minutes before coming over to the couch.

"Whatcha doin Miss Russett?" He ask.

"They want me to cover some of the highlights from other games tomorrow so I'm doing some homework" I tell him as I take out one headphone.

"What do you have so far"He ask. I click over to my notes page and start reading it out for him.

"Ranger trade Darvish to the Cubs before the cut off date, the giants end their lose streak, and Bellinger is smashing records left and right" I tell him. He makes a face at the mention of Cody Bellinger before acting like he didn't. "What was that face for?"

"I didn't make a face" He denies. I give him a look that shows my doubt. "Okay fine the dude is a beast and I want MVP."

"Awwwe is Yeli jealous?" I ask him in a baby voice. He looks as though he was about to say something before a crack of thunder sounds outside. The sudden noise makes me just and let out a slight yell. He laughs before turning on the tv.

I go back to my work as the sky continues to box above us. I keep watching and making notes until I start hearing a howl.

"Christian, whats that noise?" I ask him as the noise now has my attention .

"It's the wind. It's starting to look pretty ugly out there" He says as he turns the channel to the local weather station. Instantly the tv becomes a radar as it is lit with plenty of green and yellow and too much red.