Anniversary

Disclaimer: Mild Landian / No bees and birds scene

Irene and Greggy has been blessed with two boys since they are married. They were happy as their children are growing close to the both of them. Eight years since Luis was born tried to make love again. The created a fetus in Irene's womb. But 3 months just passed and blood started to drip from Irene's thighs. It's been a journey for Irene as she blamed herself for what happened. She knows to herself that it's quite her fault as her business experienced major problems and as a boss she needs to focus on her business forgetting that she is also pregnant. But Greggy was there to make Irene feel that it's not her fault that her business experienced those kind of problems.

From there, Irene promised to herself that she will make sure that if she'll be blessed with another angel, she'll not go to work. And that promise of hers was done when she was pregnant for the fourth time, year 1994. They were expecting another baby boy. Until Irene was accompanied with Greggy for her monthly check up. Until an exact line of her doctor struck her and was imprinted in her mind.

"Mrs. Beltran, I-i can't find any heartbeat. I can't hear any heartbeat. I am so sorry. You suffered a miscarriage. Your baby is stillborn and we need to remove the baby from your womb. I'll be operating you now. I'm just going to get an operating room. I'm really sorry for your loss Ma'am." Her doctor said and gave the couple some time.

Irene's cry was painful. Imagine giving birth to a baby without hearing it's cry. Touching, carrying a lifeless child is a mother's nightmare. That is exactly what happened to Irene.

"B-bakit ganito? Greggy, we don't deserve this." Irene cried while carrying her unborn child. Greggy hugged her wife while staring at their son. It was a hell kind of roller coaster for the both of them as they faced problems from their own work and from their relationship.

But of course as husband and wife they helped each other. From heart to heart talks to hearing each other out to making things ok. They were as one.

Back to present year

2003.

"Boys! Luis! Alfonso!" Irene called as her children are still upstairs and they are running late already for their boy get together with the Manotoc boys.

"Here na ma!" They boys said as they went down. They gave their Mom a kiss on the forehead.

"Here is your snacks. Just share it to your cousins ok?" Irene said and kissed them in the cheeks. The boys groaned with what Irene did.

"Di na kami baby Mommy!" They teased their Mom.

"Ay! Kahit mga college na kayo at mga may mga nililigawan na kayo babies ko parin kayo!" Irene exclaimed.

"Gawa nalang kayo ng bagong baby Mom. Gusto talaga namin ng baby sister." Luis said. He really pleads his parents to have a baby sister since he was a child. But after her Mom's second miscarriage he stopped. But of course he still wants to have a sister.

"Ikaw talaga." Irene booped her son's nose.

"Ikaw talaga bunso. Oldies na sila no. Hindi na nila kaya yan baka magrayuma pa si Dad." Alfy said and good thing that their cousin were there already. They ran as fast as they can.

"Mga batang to talaga." Irene just chuckled and laughed. It was already June 9 and two days from now is their wedding anniversary already.

She was preparing the ingredients for their lunch when she felt someone hugged her.

"Hey sexy. What are you cooking?" he whispered.

"Hey there gwapo. Planning to cook Tropical Chicken. And why are you still here? Don't you have work? Wala ka bang tatrabahuin na papers?" Irene faced her husband and gave him a peck on his lips.