Chaos

Since the incident happened, Serene has become the talk of the town. Her features, which she inherited from Irene, didn't escape from all the accusations, predictions, and unacceptable rumors from the people. Being called "apologist", "enabler", and more didn't affect her. As she thought. What affected her was her Mom, denying her in the media when they asked her about who she is. Irene said she didn't know her at all that hurt her. She didn't expect that with everything that happened, Irene would still deny her. She was already accepting the fact that they would still be ok, but with what Irene did? Her anger became more evident and obvious.

She doesn't deserve this. She knows that.

What is she doing right now? Fixing herself to attend a dinner with her family at Imelda's house.

She took a deep breath before entering Imelda's mansion. She was greeted by the helpers and just reciprocated their actions.

The moment she entered the mansion, eyes were on her. She didn't mind them and straightly went to Imelda.

"Ma." Serene said as she hugged Imelda.

"Serenity." Imelda kissed her temple.

"I made your favorite strawberry shortcake just for my Mama Meldy." Serene smiled. Imelda just smiled at her.

"Come na. Let's eat everyone." Imelda announced as Serene helped her to stand up. Serene made beso to her aunts, uncle, brothers, and cousins. She simply ignored Greggy and Irene's presence.

Dinner went well. After they've eaten their dinner, they make a little chit-chat with the fam. Serene was trying her best to be ok. They were talking about the girl they saw the other day. Irene's student.

Serene can't help but feel jealous. Her mother can easily be close to other girls her age, and here, she is still hurting about Irene's action.

"You should meet her, Serene. Mabait yung bata." Bong said. Serene scoffed.

"Para saan, Tito? Para mainggit?" Serene said in a monotone voice.

"That is not what I mean, Serene." Bong softly said.

"Echapwera na nga ako, imi-meet ko pa? Lugi naman ako nun, Tito." She grinned.

"Hindi ako ma pakilala pero sobrang close sa mga batang babae my age. Just wow." Serene said.

She got triggered by how Irene described and talked about the lady. She got triggered by how Irene's eyes sparkled.

"What if gawin ko yun? Tutal, may mga taong mas tinuturing akong anak kesa sa kapatid niyo eh." Serene stood up. She can feel her breathing hitch and her tears starting to fail her.

"How I wish I was a daughter of someone else who knows how to consider the feelings of her own. Who can stand up for her, hindi yung siya na nga tinulungan, siya pa lugi. Not making sumbat, ha?" Her tears started to fall.

"Akala ko kasi idedefend din ako like how I defended that person. Why did I expect pa no? You know Tito Bong, seeing comments from those people, I expected someone to defend me. Kaso Tito nakuha ko kasi denial nanaman." She cried.

"Ano bang dapat kong gawin para hindi na ko masaktan? Seeing how your eyes sparkled as you talked about that student of yours? Hah! Paano ako? Paano akong nangungulila sa pagmamahal mo kasi puro sakit binigay mo?!" Serene looked at Irene.

"You know? Do you know the comments I received? You saw them? Ha? You saw how they downgraded me? You saw how they made me feel that I'm so stupid?" Serene cried.

"You love being with other girls my age in public, but you can't even take me out and just be us." Irene can't say anything but just suppress her tears.