Frozen

March 20, Greggy just came home as he needed to extend his stay outside the country.

"Daaaaaaaaaaaad!" Serene ran into her father's arms to give him a longing hug.

"I missed you baby." Greggy said as he carried his unica ija and gave her a kiss on the forehead.

"I missed you daddyyyyyy! You're home naaaaa!" She shrieked and peppered her father's face with kisses.

"How are you? Let's celebrate your birthday tomorrow ok? Dad will take you out for a date."

"Really?" she pouted like a baby.

"Of course anak." she hugged him once more and went to his luggages to help him fix his things. That is their routine ever since.

"Greggy?! Oh my God! You are back!" Irene shouted. She ran to Greggy and gave him a tight hug.

"Hello there honey!" Greggy welcomed her and gave her a peck in the lips.

They were too happy with Greggy's arrival that they made food deliveries just to celebrate.

Night came while Irene was doing her night routine Greggy spoke.

"I heard what happened with Serene's birthday. And I am very disappointed. Anak nalang nga natin hindi mo pa ma alala." he said disappointingly. He was upset.

"Hon, alam ko naman. Mali ako. I'm trying to make it up to her."

"Our daughter is 12. Last time na nakita ko siyang masaya sa birthday niya 4 years ago. Ganoon nalang ba ka walang halaga ang anak natin, Irene?"

"H-hon. H-hindi k-ko sinasad-"

"Laging hindi sinasadya! Palibhasa, hindi pinapahalagahan. Ni hindi mo nga pinapakilala sa publiko ang anak natin! Dahil ano? Kinakahiya mo siya?"

"Hindi totoo yan, Greggy! Wala ka rin naman dito nun ah!"

"Pero binati ko siya! Hindi ako nangako! Sinabihan ko siya ahead of time! Hindi katulad mo!" Greggy madly said.

"You said you are trying to make it up to her. You are making things worst."

"Alam ko! Hindi mo na kailangan ipa mukha saakin yan!" Irene defended herself.

"Oo mali ako! Pero wag mo naman na sana isampal pa saakin yan. I'm trying my best to fix it na nga oh kahit di ako pinapansin. Greggy you don't need to shove to my face because I know the consequences of my actions. Kaya please!" she cried. Greggy sat beside his wife and hugged her.

"I'm sorry. But please. Please hon, maawa ka sa anak natin." Irene just cried.

Weeks later...

Their relationship got worst and no matter how Irene tries to make it up to her daughter, Serene's schedule doesn't really cooperates. 

It was a Saturday when Imelda invited her family to her house for a kamustahan. Alfy and Luis were in the trunk. Greggy was in the shot gun. Irene and Serenity were sitting together but there was a gap in the middle.

"Ang lamig." Alfy teased. Irene just glanced at her first born and smiled weakly. She knew he was just trying to help. Serenity also knew that's why she ignored them.

The moment they arrived at Imelda's house, Serenity hurriedly went down.

"Mamita!!" she ran towards her grandma.

"I've missed you!"

"I've missed you din apo ko." Imelda said as she kissed her cheeks.

"Naging busy po eh. Sorry!"