Launch

Serenity's POV

I woke up with a heavy heart and a heavy head. What the heck naka ilan ba ako kahapon? Naka dalawang bote lang naman ako ng soju. I opened my phone and was bombarded with a lot of notifications.

100 calls from Mom

55 messages from Kuya Alfonso

30 missed calls from Mama Imee

20 messages from Dad

34 messages from Kuya Luis

I ignored all of it except for my TIta Imee's notifications. I messaged her. I don't want to talk to anyone right now. I am too devastated to talk to anyone. My heart aches so much.

"Tita Imee, I'm ok. Don't tell anyone except for my Dad that I messaged you. I want peace of mind. I am ok. Don't worry about me. Just let me be. I will come home once I fixed myself po. I am devastated but I'm ok." 

Lucas also called me. I told him I'm ok and no need to worry. I also apologized for leaving him alone. Good thing I have him to understand me. I was about to stand when my phone rang again. It was her. The woman who destroyed me. I didn't want to answer but I felt that I needed to. I pressed the accept button and placed it on speaker phone and shut my mouth.

"Baby? Serenity? Are you there love?" she asked I prevent to make any sound.

"Baby, Mommy's so sorry." she started.

"M-Mommy is so sorry love. P-please let me explain anak." Fuck! I don't want to cry.

"Mommy wasn't prepared that night anak ko. I hope you understand." Ako ba laging kailangan umintindi?

"Uwi ka na anak. Uwi ka na kay Mommy." she said. And that's where my tears started to fall.

"Bye." Was the only thing I've said. I will go home when I want to, and that is not today.

..........

It has been Days, Weeks, Months since Serenity left Forbes and Irene became miserable day by day. Her daughter's graduation also has passed, she graduated valedictorian. She doesn't have any idea when will her daughter be home. She was currently in her room when she heard a scream.

"Serenity! Jusko salamat naman at umuwi ka na!" That's what she heard before going out of her room. She saw her daughter with a one length hairstyle carrying her bag. Her daughter got thinner and her eyes got sadder.

"Baby ko!" Irene uttered loudly before running down to hug her daughter. Serenity just stood still and did not mind hugging her back.

"Kamusta ka na hmm? Thank you for coming home anak. Pumayat ka oh. Kumain ka na hmm? I'll cook for you." Irene said as she caressed, kissed, and held her daughter. Serenity was just looking at her without any emotions. 

"Don't act as if we were ok. Don't act as if you didn't hurt me." she coldly said as she removed her hand.

"Anak."

"Stop the crap, Mrs. Araneta. You don't know me right? Then you are also unknown to me." Serenity said as she left her mom to go upstairs. 

The news that Serenity went back home spread as fast as the media that made her so annoyed. 

It was 11 in the evening when Serenity got hungry and went down. She wanted to have some pasta that is why she cooked some spicy tuna aglio oglio pasta. A quick meal for a woman who didn't eat a proper meal since she left home. She also made a quick iced matcha latte for her to calm down.

After cooking she went to the garden to eat. She missed her alone time as she was bombarded for the past months. While she was eating a sudden flashback hit her.