Ilocos

1 year after....

It's been a year since the incident.

And Serene's parents didn't stop from messaging her and all. She's actually in Ilocos now together with her Mama Imee. Siya lang naman ang sandigan niya pagdating sa lahat ng bagay. She was the only person who never denied her. She may not tell people that she is her biological niece, but she'll always tell people that she is a family friend's daughter. Most likely a niece. Which is better than being denied.

"Serene, kakain na! Para maka larga na tayo, sweetheart." Imee knocked.

They are staying in Ilocos as Imee won as Governor. Serene's just going in Manila when needed but she goes to school through online.

"Here naaaa!" Serene shouted as she sprayed some perfume. She grabbed her bag and turned off everything before going out. They were eating when Imee brought up a topic. About the flash mob that'll be happening in a month.

They were already in the car and still talking about it.

"Hey, your parents told me pala that they'll be going here for your Mommy's birthday slash for your Papa Macoy's birthday."

"Ah. Excited for the flash mob." Serene said and smiled.

"Hindi sa makikita mo si Mommy mo?"

"Don't say bad words, Mama." she said chuckling.

"Vens, hindi sa kinakampihan ko si Mommy mo ha? But don't you have any plans with going back to Manila or even just talk to them?"

"Tita, I do. Hindi lang ngayon. I'm still healing. Healing my inner child and my heart. It's too much kasi."

"Kahit for your Mommy's birthday lang, sweetheart. Try talking to her. Sa Manila pag nandun tayo you avoid her and even avoid going to any place in Makati. A happy birthday will bring back the smile in her, baby."

"I'll try." she said and leaned her head to Imee's chest.

"Mama Tita?"

"Hmm?" Imee asked as she caresses her hair.

"Thank you."

"For?"

"For being there for me when I was so weak? When I was a mess. Thank you for welcoming me into your house that day."

...

Serene doesn't even know where to go. It was already raining when her feet just walked to the house of the person who understands her.

When she reached the house, she pressed the doorbell twice. It was midnight already.

Imee who was still awake peeked who was ringing the doorbell this late. She was astonished to see her niece. She hurriedly grabbed her robe and an umbrella before going out.

The moment she opened the gate she saw her niece in a pitiful situation.

"T-tita Mama." she cried.

Imee hugged her immediately without even minding that her beloved niece is soaking wet.

"Vens, anak anong nangyari ha? Andito na si Tita Mama, baby ko. Tahan na." Imee said.

"Mama pagod na pagod na po ako." tiredness can be heard and seen in her eyes.

"Masama po ba akong anak para hindi maipakilala? Mama hindi ko na po kaya yung nararamdaman ko. Masakit po." she painfully sobbed. Imee was also in the verge of crying because of what happening to her niece.