Chapter 18

Cataleya POV
Finally the day of the date had come. I honestly don't know why Zara was making a big deal out of it. She came as early as 10am to start preparing me for something that was by 12.

I sat in front of my mirror while she did a light make up for me and styled my thick virgin hair. My phone rang and I glanced at it. It was Walter.

"Hey babe" his deep rich voice came from the other side of the phone.
"Hi" I squeaked and giggled.
"I'm at your gate right now and the sun is not smiling"
"How did you know my house address?" I asked shocked
"Zara" immediately I glanced at Zara and sighed.
"Just tell the gate man to open the gate for you then knock at the door I'll be downstairs in a jiffy."

"Seriously Zara?" I asked her immediately I hanged up. I picked up the necessary things and went downstairs. When I got downstairs I saw Walter already seated on the couch while my mum on another couch staring at Walter like he was some specimen.

Shit I didn't even know she was back already.
"Ekabo Ma" I said bending a bit.
"Where are you going to?"
"I'm going out with my friend here Walter and Zara" I said pointing at Walter.
She had an expression on her face I couldn't read.
"Come back early"

We entered Walters car while Zara went back home. If my mum knew I was going out with only a boy she would have killed me with her eyes. We entered Cold stone creamery.

This was my first time here so I just kept on looking everywhere.

"You haven't been here before?" Walter asked.

"Yea. I practically don't go to places I'm an indoor person" I said shyly.

"Maybe that's why God made Zara your friend. To make you go out."

"Yea that bag of trouble" I said and giggled while remembering how I and Zara became friends in the first place. That's a story for another day though.

We approached a seat and sat down opposite each other.
"Ohh, I forgot. You look absolutely beautiful in this look" he said staring right into my eyes.

The stare started becoming too intense. I had to just say something to clear the awkwardness.

"So before I wasn't beautiful eh?"

"Babe, why don't you just take the compliment." Walter said with a smile. I squeaked a thank you.

I ordered for a plate of vanilla and strawberry flavored ice cream, while her ordered for a chocolate flavored ice cream. I got to know he doesn't like vanilla. Like who on earth doesn't love the heavenly taste of vanilla.

We talked about a whole lot of random things and I got to know that Serena was just his best friend not his sister. But despite her bitchy attitude it seems like she's good, well from what Walter said.

"Leya, babe." I heard my name with the new name he just started calling me, which I'm obviously enjoying.

"Yea" I said opening a bottle of water to drink.

"I like you a lot and I mean a lot. Would you be my girlfriend?" He asked nervously while still looking at me. I almost choked on my water when I heard girlfriend.

"It's fine if you......" He continued.

"Yes" I said interrupting him from his sentence.

"I feel like kissing you right now" he said with a sigh of relief.

We finished our ice cream and we went back into the car to go back home. The traffic was so much. Typical Lagos road.

I was scrolling through my Instagram news feed when I felt a lips on my cheeks. I gasped and looked at him shocked. That was the first peck from someone aside my mum. He inched closer and wrapped his hands around my waist. I signaled him about the driver.

He pressed a button and a tinted glass wound up separating the driver from us.
"Babe, you haven't talked to be since." He said with his hands still wrapped around my waist.

I hummed in reply. He kept on looking at my face. Just as I was about to ask why he was staring at me, I felt his lips on mine. It was slow and gentle.

My first kiss. I gasped mentally

------------------------------------------------Leya just had her first kiss 🥺😚😂. I really don't know how to write romance part.

So how did I do?
#favy❣️
Love you all 💕😘