Chapter 9

That is the picture of Cattaleya👆👆👆👆👆

I Want to say a big thank you for all those that have been viewing and voting my story, thank you so much. For all those who have been viewing and not voting, I'm still watching ya😉😉.

"Walter I have to go."
"The party hasn't even started." Imagine, then what is this one.
"I have to go, once again happy birthday."
"Thanks babe"
"And stop calling me babe it's wierd" He chuckled a bit.
"Then what should I call you."
"The last time I checked I have a name, a beautiful one for that matter."
"Let me see you out."

We were approaching the door leading outside when a voice stopped us.
"Melanin princess your leaving already?" Yep I guessed right it was Alex.
"Yea Blondie I have to go."
"I don't like that nickname." he stuck his buttom lip out and he looked so cute
"Deal with it." Walter said laughing.

I stepped out and scanned the crowd of partying teenagers for Zara.
"Who are you looking for?" Walter asked in a confused tone.
"I came here with someone."
"Ohh Zara." Finally, I found her.I told Walter Good night and left. She was dancing with an unknown boy. I walked up to them.
"Zara we need to start going." She excused herself from the boy. Thank God she wasn't drunk.
"Let's stay small na."
"You want my mother to kill me."
"She is your mother she won't kill you she would only shout and beat you."
"I don't think I want that this night."
"Zara we are going now." I said and dragged her towards the gate.

"Hey, going so soon?" I turned around to see the person. It was Giovanni after Zara turned and saw him she hissed and started going towards her car.
"Yea I have to go. I can't stay longer."
"No problem. Can I have your number?"
"I can't, bro I don't give out my number for free. You have to earn it."
"So how am i going to earn this so called special phone number?"
"Figure that out"
"Leya e be like say you no one go house again (It seems you don't want to go to your house again)." Zara shouted from a far distance.
"Good night." I said and rushed to meet Zara.

"Hope you didn't give him your number?"Zara asked immediately I entered the car.
"Nope."
"Praise God. I thought the last atom of sense in your brain has been washed by Walter."
"Your mad. Ode(stupid)."
"If am mad is it now you that is not mad? she puntuated her sentence with a hiss.
"Werey(mad girl)" I muttered so that she won't attack me because when it comes to tounge slashing. Zara is the ring leader.

*******
I reached my house at 7:00pm. I opened the door with my key and I meet mum sitting in the sofa waiting for me.
"Good evening Ma."
"Kemi, what is the time?" I kept quiet and kept my face down.
"Kemi, is it not you am talking to? What is the time?"
"Ma it's 7pm."
"You still have the effontery to talk eh." I don't understand this woman at all she asked me question. I kept quiet she shout, I answer she shout too. Na wa o
"Sorry ma."
"Let this be the first and last time you come back by this time, ti o to gbo?(have you heard)." She said dragging one of her ear.
"Yes ma."
"Your food is in the pot, I have gone to sleep. Good night."
"Good night mummy."

*******
Another Monday morning, I woke up did all I had to do and had my breakfast. Mum offered to drop me off at school but I refused because I knew that will cause my lateness. I entered the school compound and as usual students roaming here and there talking to each other about their weekend or some other stuff. I headed to my classroom. On the way some junior students greeted me.

As i entered the class only few students were in the class. I scanned the class for Zara and she wasn't there. That's so unlike her, she very punctual. I went to my seat, sat down, brought out my phone and started reading a book on wattpad.
"Senior Cattaleya Senior Giovanni is calling you." What a loud voice. Jeez. I lifted my head to see who called my name. My eyes met with a short junior girl that was smiling in front of my table.
"Who did you say is calling me?" I just had to be sure I heard the name right.
"Senior Giovanni."
"Tell him I'm coming." I said and bowed my head on the table. I was definitely not going. After some minutes. I heard her loud voice again.
"Aren't you coming again?" I thought she had gone.
"What are you still doing here?"
"He said I must not return to him without you." I chuckled a bit.

"What's your name dear?"
"My name is Funmi Adegoke." She said with pride and smiled at me. I like this girl already I smiled back at her.
"Ok let's go." I stood up and went to SS3A which was the science class. I saw him sitting on his chair and looking out the window. I walked down to him. He was still engrossed in whatever he was looking at outside.
"Brother in the Lord, I am here o. What happened?" He turned around and gave me one of his killer smile.
"Leya, How was your night?"
"Fine, so why am I here?"
"Sister, Chill na."
"Ok." I said calmly
"Ehen, Can we hang out today?"
"No,"
"Ok, Can we be friends?" Being friends with a cute guy totally yes. But he is a player so no!
"No."
"Why?"
"Students will think am the next girl your about to use and dump. I don't want my name tagged to anything bad." He bursted into laughter. Did I say anthing funny?

Finally he stopped laughing to catch his breath but he couldn't stop smiling.
"So your thinking about what people will say? if you keep thinking about what people will say about you. Girl you won't move foward. Even if you have to listen to them seive some, it's not all you need. I just want us to be friends nothing more nothing less. So are we?"
"Wow, I didn't know you could say something this sensible. That's nice."
"Is that an insult or a compliment?"
"It's a compliment."
"Then compliment me well na."
"Keep on waiting for a compliment. Don't accept what you see."
"So is that a yes to friendship." He said and gave me pleading eyes.
"Yea." I said with a big smile.
"Thank you." He said and squeezed me all in the name of hug.
"What did you just do?"
"I hugged you."
"Bro, you almost squeezed the life out of me." He chuckled a bit.
"Crazy girl." I turned and left the class, I bumped into someone.
"Sor....." I widened my eyes in suprise.

Giovanni is actually right you don't always have to listen to what people have to say about you. You have to listen to what you think about yourself.

So who do you think Leya bumped into?

This is the longest chapter I have ever written😥😥😥😥.
Have a nice day ahead.😚😚