Chapter 21

Cattaleya POV

"What were you doing with weed?" My mum asked as we drove back home.

I couldn't answer so I just looked down.

"Am I not talking to you?" She raised her voice a little

"Mummy I didn't do it" I said already breaking down in tears.

"I know, Omo mi (my child)" She said calmly after staring at me for close to 5 minutes.

My mum dropped me at home alone, because she had to get back to work. I laid down on my bed thinking about how that thing entered my bag.

Chizaram POV

As I went downstairs to get a cup of water on Sunday afternoon I started hearing argument coming from the sitting room. My parents hardly argued though.

"How could you not just watch her" her Dad's voice vibrated. She was shocked and decided to eavesdrop.

"Do you expect me to be following her everywhere she goes?" My mum fired back.

"Someone just sent me a message, saying my daughter is into drugs" My dad said reducing his voice a little.

I gasped and ran back to my room.

No, it can't be happening. The one thing I managed to hide from my family. The only person that knows was Leya.

"Breathe Zara, breathe" I said trying to calm myself but failed.

Leya won't betray me that way. No it couldn't be her, I'll still ask her on Monday.

A message dropped into my phone from an unknown number.

Unknown
Seems your secret is out

Zara
Who is this?
Unknown
You still trust your friend Leya?
Zara
What are you
talking about?
Unknown
You'll soon find out.
Ciao

I tried calling the number but it was switched off. I want to believe it's not Leya, but she's the only one that knows.

*********
On Monday morning, I woke up early, so that I could reach school before assembly.

"Good morning Mum" I said to my mum who was cooking with her back against me.

"Good morning my darling. How was your night?" She said turning to face me.

"Fine Mum"

"We have to talk when you come back from school" She said staring into my eye, like she was trying to read my mind.

"Sure Mum. I have to be on my way" I said walking away.

"Since when did you start going early to school" My brother, Amobi said descending the stairs.

"Just decided to"

*******
I got to school and Leya wasn't still in school. Few minutes later I saw her strolling in wearing headphones. Typical Leya. I pulled her to the back of the school.

I asked her about it and she denied it. I don't even know who to believe again, so I decided to keep my distance from her till I know the truth.

After break, students were called to the hall with their bags. I carried my bags downstairs and stood at the back of the hall.

They kept searching students bag. I really wonder what they are looking for. After some minutes they dismissed all the students except Leya.

Immediately I knew something was wrong after an hour. Leya still didn't return to class. I was beginning to get worried. I took permission from the teacher to go to the toilet.

I went downstairs to the hall, I didn't find anyone there. I searched the indoor pool. I didn't see her. I searched all possible places and I still didn't see her. So I went to the toilet.

I was about to come out when I heard voices.

"Did you know that they suspended that SS2 girl" A female voice said.

"How do you know?" Another voice asked.

"I heard na. They found weed in her bag."

I widened my eye on hearing the news. The remaining part of the girls conversation was faint.

Leya couldn't have been doing drugs too right? She advised me to stop. She can't. There's a set up here.

I brought out my phone and called my driver. Then the bell rang for school over

_________________________________Amebo everywhere 😂

Don't forget to vote and tell me what you think about this chapter in the comment box.

Favy❣️