Chapter 5

Walter POV
   Leya just walked out after rejecting my invitation to the party. Well her friend Zara have me an assuring look that she'll be there, well I just need to hope she comes cause I would really like to see her there. I walked to my car and entered. The driver started the car and moved. On our way I saw someone on our school uniform walking under the rain....wait a minute that's Leya.
"driver pull over close to that girl on uniform and tell her to come in" he told her but she snubbed and kept on moving. I hate walking under rain. I got out to talk to her. She was about to run but I held her hand. I persuaded her to enter the car but she's so stubborn. Are all Nigerian girls like this or is it just this girl? I picked her up in a bridal style and carried her to the car. She wanted to shout but I just looked at her and she kept quiet. Seems she got the message not to shout, her school uniform was wet and glued to her body. I just looked away. I know she's pissed off and she looks so beautiful and cute when she's like that. I grabbed a towel from the front seat and gave her. She rejected it. This girl is really getting on my nerves. When I decided to raise my voice at her she finally took it reluctantly. Immediately I regretted raising my voice. We got to her street and she told the driver to stop and decided to come down. I tried to persuade her to allow the driver take her to her house but you know how stubborn she is, she didn't allow. She couldn't even say thank you, this girl is one stubborn and saucy bitch.

I got home to see dad seating on the dinning drinking coffee. Finally he's back from his trip.
"so you can't acknowledge my presence here" his voice stopped me as I was about to walk away
"Good afternoon"I muttered
"come sit down here"he said tapping the chair beside him. I walked over to the chair and sat down
"Son,am sorry."
"Dad the main reason we came here was to find mum and my sister and your going on various business trips."
"Yes, I agree."
"We are going to find them right?"
" Your behaving as if they cant take care of themselves. Yes we are,but.." I interrupted him
"why is there a but?."
"Listen, the private investigators that I told to check for her whereabout said she was in Lagos"
"So?"
"And that was two years back"
"Your kidding right"I scoffed
"No. so there is every possibility that she isn't in Lagos anymore"
"You can't be serious dad."
"Son,am very serious and am very sorry for not telling you."
"So that means we are leaving here soon?"
"No. Your going to have to finish your high school here" After so minutes of silence I found my voice.
"Are we ever going to find them?" I said with a teary eye
"Yes we are just have hope"
"That's what you always say."
" You'll see them soon" He said and squeezed my arm lightly then stood up.
"Son" i just looked up at him
"You know tommorrow is your birthday"
"Yea?"
"Please forgive me but am not going to be around for your birthday tommorrow. I'll be travelling for some business meetings"
"Yes sure." Its not the first time he wasn't there on my birthday. He has never been around on any of my birthday so it's normal.
"And one more thing. if your throwing a party please no one should enter my house and mess it up. Understood?"
"Yes sir." Then he left. I just set and kept on staring in a space.

*****
Cattaley POV
    As i opened the door of the house the aroma of freshly cooked egusi soup welcomed me home. I threw my bag on the chair and went to the kitchen.
"Good afternoon mum."
"Good afternoon dear. How are you?"she said pounding the boiled yam that was in the mortar.
"I'm fine. Mum your back so early what happened?"
"Well, today is Friday."
"oh half work day."
"So how is school?"
"School is fine. We have started preparing for the inter-house sport that is coming up in the next four month."
"So are you participating in anything."
"nope am not." I rolled my eyes and she stopped pounding, I knew she was about to start complaining.
"Kemi, You can't be in a school and you don't do anything for them." I do something for them. For the fact that I pay my school fees that's a lot of something, they're suppose to be grateful for that.
"Fine, I'll try."
"Don't try, do it."
"Okay." I said walking out of the kitchen to pick my bag an go upstairs.
"Be fast. Food will soon be ready."
Kemi is my Yoruba name. My mum made sure that I and my brother had a Yoruba name. Well it's for reasons best known to her. I like the name though. I went upstairs, changed my clothes and ran downstairs to eat my yummy food.

-------
   In the evening I was watching sponge Bob square pants and chatting on whatsapp. I'm very good at mult-tasking. As i was going through my friends status a message dropped in from an unknown number.

Unknown number:
"Are you still cold?"
I know this is Walter but let's just play along.

Me:
"Who is this?"

Unknown number :
"Guess?"

Me:
"I'm not guessing, if you can't introduce yourself then please leave. I have other things to do."

Unknown number :
"Relax babe. It's Walter" I quickly saved his number

Me:
"So how did you get my number?"

Walter:
"Let's just say a little birdie told me"
I know very well that this is Zara's handwork.

Walter:
"So are you still cold?"

Me:
"Did I ever tell you that I was cold?"

Walter:
"Who answers a question with another question. Girl your unbelievable."

Me:
"I know right."

Walter:
"So have you thought about coming for my birthday party"

Me:
"I thought I made my final answer crystal clear"

Walter:
"Well, If you change your mind you can call me to direct you to the house or send a driver to pick you."

Me:
"Ok but I don't think I'll change my mind cause my no is no and my yes is yes"

Walter:
"Good night. Sweet dreams, Dream about me"

Me:
I don't dream about jerks,Good night

Walter:
"Ouch that hurts
but i think this jerk will be the first you'll dream about."
I rolled my eyes. I off my data and dropped the phone on the side table.