Chapter 31

"I'm sorry I didn't call for a while" That was the first thing he said since we sat down for launch.

"Giovanni, it's fine..I understand." He still looked uneasy. I thought Giovanni would have called or asked about me as we were close before all the drama started happening, but no he didn't.

"So..can we start all over again as friends?"

"Yea we can. My name is Adebayo Cattaleya Kemi"

"Olubode Giovanni Demilade" He said with a hopefully smile.

******
"Kemi have you packed everything you need?" My mum shouts from downstairs.

"Yes mummy" I said dragging my small box with me.

"Let's go Mide is already waiting outside.

We were going to the United States of America. I've watched a lot about them and now I'm going to be there like for real. Everything is moving so fast.

I feel nervous about meeting my paternal family. Mide said they are nice and rich. I hope they aren't snobby like the rich Americans I see on TV.

******
I slept through out the whole flight. Right now we in front of my paternal family house. The house was huge, like hooge.

Now I'm beginning to wonder why my mum ran away with me. I could have been a rich kid here.

Starting up newly in Nigeria wasn't easy for mum.. like she comes back stressed everyday.

"We are here" my dad announced as he packed the car.

When we got out of the car, I could already an old man and an old woman came out of the mansion and hugged my dad and Mide while I and mom walked behind.

"Is that you Lizzy" The old woman said walking towards mum.

"Yes mummy" my mum said already sobbing.

They reached each other and hugged tight.

"Mummy I'm sorry, I'm sorry I left you guys alone" my mum said while crying.

"It's ok, Lizzy baby....you did what was best for your niece."

Then she went and hugged the old man which I suppose is her dad.

"And you must be Cattaleya" the old woman said when I reached her.

"Good day ma"

"You can call me Grand ma Kate" she said and hugged.

I already started feeling like accepted.

*******
Knock, knock

Leya heard a knock on her room door, then the door opened and Walter poked his head in.

"I wanted to go down the street to greet a couple of my old friends. Was wondering if you would like to join me"

"Yep, fresh air would definitely help me. Let me get my jacket"

When they stepped out. They walked through the garden they once played as kids.

"Kemi, I'm sorry for not knowing it was you all along."

"It's fine Mide, I forgive you. You're my brother."

"Thanks "

_________________________________
This is the end of  "CATTALEYA"

Hope you guys enjoyed it
Thanks a lot for the views, votes and comment.

Thanks so much guy, you guys are the best💓

My new book "UPSIDE DOWN" is out.

This is the link
https://www.wattpad.com/story/307380225?utm_source=android&utm_medium=link&utm_content=share_reading&wp_page=reading_part_end&wp_uname=Mfavour1520&wp_originator=QcD%2F9hrMZ7503zAdn%2FbF4twFri%2BZaMWuUXinl0gj85kz15z1VExU%2BDSf9q%2FiWzR5W3VSHAjUe4jB69c2EdXYyVxjqNdwfKEd8Hj2IshYXr4w%2BJw%2F4Cmzj0BOpuHbWzd4