Chapter 28

Cattaleya POV

I woke up to the beeping of the heart monitor. I looked around and saw my mum sleeping beside me on a chair.

"Mummy." I called and tapped her.

"My baby, you're awake. Let me get the doctor." She walked out and came back some minutes later with the doctor.

The doctor did some checks on me and kept writing stuffs on his notepad.

"She's ok just fever and tiredness. So I recommend you take at least a week bed rest." The doctor said smiling.

"Can I be discharged I hate the smell of this place" I asked scrunching my face in disgust.

"Yes dear you can, Ma please follow me so that you could sign some documents." He said and my mum followed.

Few minutes later Walter and Elena entered with my father.

"Leya how are feeling" Walter asked looking at me with pitiful eyes.

"Just a bit tired that's all"

"Leya, Elena has something to tell you. Just hear her out" Walter said. I know I and Elena have never been on the same page so what does she want to say.

"Leya I'm the one who put the drugs in your bag in school. I'm sorry" Elena said and dropped her head down.

"I missed school for a week, why would even do that?" I said starting to feel my anger rise.

"I'm sorry, someone made me do it and I agreed because I was jealous of you. I've had the biggest crush on Walter and you decide to just butt in and steal him."

"Well he's my brother now, you can have him" I said and turned the other way while Elena stormed out.

"I'm sorry she shouldn't have done that, and she's on the afternoon flight back to the US. I'm also sorry for not being there for you my daughter" My dad said and it was as if something like regret flashed through his eyes, then he walked out of the ward.

"Hey, Kemi?" Walter called out

"What, that sounds wierd coming from you"

"It never sounded wierd when we were smaller"

"But now, it sounds wierd"

"You were so close to me yet I couldn't feel it, I'm sorry"

"Sorry for what? Ejoor, don't wet this mattress with your tears." Walter chuckled.

"What has Nigeria turned you into" he said and facepalned himself.

The door opened and my mum entered.

"Mide can you excuse us" mum said, and he stood up and left.

"How are you feeling, Omo mi?"

"I'm fine mummy"

"Doctor said we can go now"

"Mummy, you said you aren't my mum so who is?"

"Kemi, I don't want you to faint again o"

"Just tell me mummy" She sighed heavily, while I adjusted on the bed for the story.

_________________________________
So how do you see this chapter, hope you liked it😘.

Sorry for the long break, somethings just had to be dealt with.

Also thanks guys, 686 reads! Thanks a lot guys. I'm really grateful ❤️

Keep reading, voting and commenting.