29 - Meeting

TWENTY-NINE - Meeting

The pink flowers of the cherry blossom trees surrounding Teiko High starts to lessen. Kise stares at the gradients of the flowers - from a deep pink shade to a whitish shade to something yellowish to brown in color. These flowers which desperately tried to cling on the tree branches was a fascinating sight to see amidst the deep blue sky in the background. But, he had no time to stand around any further; he needed to find where Sayoko is.

The way to fix things up popped in his head the moment he got the magazine where his eyewear photoshoot was featured three days after their training camp. He quickly grabs the calling card of the optician from the shoot and gets in contact with her. He sets up an appointment with her to talk about glasses for color-blinded people. Fortunately, her office is at Tokyo.

The night before the appointment, Kise crams in knowledge about the disease, saving notes in his phone even. He thought that he should at least be ready with the meeting in order to help his beloved better. But that effort was thrown out the window when the optician asked about Sayoko's former checkups.

Kise knew that she only had one checkup about the matter her entire life, but he didn't know anything about that checkup. Apparently, protanopia had other problems. Not only did they need to know what color she was unable to see, but also the degree to it. Was she unable to see red entirely, or she still has some cones that enables her to see some shades of red? That was only determined by examination.

The man he was, Kise loves giving surprises. And in order to achieve maximum forgiveness, he wanted this as a surprise. But to get her and let her be examined destroys it. He only thought of getting the Sayoko's past examination result from the clinic where she had her checkup.

With the help of the same optician, he was able to locate all of the eye clinics in Hanyu City. Contacting each one of them himself, he asked them about a certain Sayoko Kasumi's eye examination from her childhood. After scrutinizing the records, the first clinics were not able to find a record in their archives. He started to lose faith when he halves the list, but he continues to push on. It seemed ridiculous to him, but the thought of the girl in his mind is the very reason he is doing this.

He finds her record in a small old clinic at the edge of the city. Convincing the clinic to send a copy of the records was not an easy task, as it was against their rules of confidentiality. After several consultations from their family lawyer and convincing the clinic, he was able to have the clinic send a copy to them.

A problem was solved, only for another to come up. The optician required that Sayoko would have another checkup. Apparently colorblindness changes over time, whether it is for the better or for the worse. The blond opposes the idea, which made the optician question it. At the end of the day, Kise also told his entire situation with Sayoko to the optician.

The optician eventually swayed over to Kise's story, but does not assure the maximum effectiveness of the glasses without checkups, which Kise agrees to. The old records were analyzed by a ophthalmologist, who in return will give the prescription back to the optician for the creation of the actual glasses.

However, the cost that the optician gave Kise was something he needed air for. As a seasoned model, he gets paid better than more than half of the models. But after seeing the price, it made his heart skip a beat. Just as his research says, getting glasses for color-blinded people is not a joke.

But the moment he went home, he contacts his manager for all of the possible gigs that he could do. He requests Hashida that he should be working for 6 weeks straight. It shocks the young manager, telling the blond model that he should take it easy. But never had he heard Kise use such a determined voice. He just couldn't say no.