Sayoko Kasumi Character Profile

Name: Sayoko Kasumi

Age: 15

Birthday: December 29th, Capricorn

Height: 160cm

Weight: Secret

School: Teiko High School

Appearance:

Sayoko has long, wavy raven-colored hair that reaches up to her back; wide, sharp purple eyes; and a pale complexion. She has a skinny body type.

Her Teiko High uniform consists of a light blue polo, a white blazer, a dark blue thin ribbon, a black school skirt, dark knee-length socks, and dark-colored loafers. On days out, she usually wears dresses. On the latter parts of the story, she wears dark, rectangle-shaped specialized glasses given to her by Kise.

Personality: INTJ (Introvert, iNtuitive, Thinking, Judging)*

At first glance, she is thought to be intimidating. She is usually a serious character.  She is also very caring to the people around her. Her decisions will be based on rules and regulations. She is very stern when it comes to her decisions and opinions. She is also very confident with her decisions. She doesn't let people get to her easily.

Under her confident and intimidating persona, she is a jolly, lighthearted teenager. She can get along with people very well. She likes to go out and spend time with friends. She is witty when it comes to comebacks and jokes, and tends to answer obvious questions with high-level sarcasm. 

Sayoko is very sensitive at an emotional level. Once attached, she wishes not to lose them. She needs them like air. Consequently, she is also very loyal and caring to them. She is also the type of person who cannot control their spur of emotions, that is why she chooses to hide them.

Illness: Protanopia

It is a type of colorblindness where there are only two working cones. Cones are cells in the retina which enables you to see color. A normal person has three cone types. In Sayoko's case, one of her cone types are not functional, so she is unable to see the color red. She sees a pure red as black, green and orange as yellow, and purple as blue.

What's interesting about this condition, or colorblindness in general, is that females have a lower chance of getting it than males. Females are usually carriers (meaning that they have it in their genes, but it is not exhibited in their characteristics). Females in the world population with protanopia is less than 0.02%, compared to males which is 1%.**

Other information:

- She is intellectually inclined. Her intellect is almost at par with  Akashi Seijuro. She is also one of the top ten smartest high school students in Japan.

- Her best subject is Math and Science. Her worst subject is Physical Education.

- Her main hobby is to draw landscapes. She rarely does portraits of people.

- Contrary to the stereotype of the manga/anime, she is a decent cook.

---

* My base for a character's personality is the Myers-Briggers' Test of Personality or MBTI. For more information, check this website: www.humanmetrics.com/personality/type. On the upper right hand corner of the page, there is a 'Take a Test' button, and you can find out what your personality type is. Comment your results below; I want to see them!

** I tried my best to explain it. I am not an ophthalmologist, but I tried my very best to research on the topic. For more information, you can start researching about it here: http://www.color-blindness.com/protanopia-red-green-color-blindness. In the article, you can see how a person with protanopia with red-deficiency is able to see the spectrum of colors a normal person sees. 

If you have any questions, want to know more, please just write it down on the comments below!