37 - Reveal

THIRTY-SEVEN – Reveal

She didn't know what to do. She was at a complete loss for this. "I-I don't know..."

"Why don't you consult Kise? I bet he knows what to do with these types of situations," Momoi suggested.

"Not yet," she firmly answered.

"Why not?" the pink-haired friend asked, shocked.

"He's busy himself. Finals are already around the corner and he's working a lot because his company receives a ton of phone calls from different companies about their Christmas line. Not to mention the Winter Cup finals is just around the corner." Kise has told her this yesterday, but he isn't as she tells Momoi. He rejected a significant number of them so that he can concentrate on his studies, the Winter Cup, and her.

"He'll find about it soon enough!"

"I can find a way myself. I don't want to burden him so much."

Suddenly, Momoi's ringtone runs abrupt, and Sayoko's train of thought was destroyed. The pink-haired secretary flips her phone open, answering the call immediately.

"It's Ki-chan. He's asking where we are!"

Sayoko had no choice but to allow Momoi to tell him where they were. He told them to just stay there and be safe, up until he reached where they were. A few minutes later, they spot Kise sprinting towards them, slowing down when he sees the raven-haired female.

"Kise!" Sayoko only managed to say that before she was pulled into a tight hug. She's finding herself into this situation more often.

"Did something wrong happen? Did they hurt you?" A barrage of questions came from Kise, removing his arms from her, pushing her away a little to see any injuries.

"Well? Did they?" She shook her head.

"Momocchi, is she saying the truth?" And when Momoi confirms it, a burst of relief rushed through the blond male. "Thank goodness you're alright." He pulled her in again for a quick hug.

He then lets go of Sayoko. "I believe you already saw the article," Momoi asked, to which Kise nodded slowly to.

"What are you going to do with it?" Momoi asked once more, gazing at the raven-haired girl beside her.

"I already called the company. They told me to just stand still and stay safe. They also told me not to say anything about it to anyone: the press and the people," Kise starts to respond. "They're tracking if the story will grow fast or die. We'll do something afterwards from there."

"Did you tell them anything?" Sayoko interrupted.

"I didn't," the blond responded, and then a bright smile beamed his face. "I promised, didn't I?"

And now they needed to calm Momoi down before she passes out.

---

Kise wanted to walk Sayoko home today, but since it seemed too dangerous for them to be around each other for a long amount of time, he went against doing so. He entrusts her to Momoi before going to his photo shoot.

The first day wasn't so bad. People did look at them, and may have shot a mean look at them or two, but it really didn't do anything. But Momoi made sure to walk her all the way to her apartment before going home.

The next day came, and now attention seem to come more to Sayoko now ever than before. Schoolmates, mostly girls, looked at her judgingly. But they couldn't do anything, due to the rules and regulations set upon by the Student Council a few months ago. People would occasionally ask her about it, but she effectively steers away from the question.