20 - Wrap

TWENTY – Wrap

Kise hollers a taxi cab and practically shoves Sayoko in it. He tells the driver to go on some specific building, and the car zooms towards the place.

“Hey, it seems like you’re kidnapping me…” Sayoko joked, which made the driver look at the both of them with a dead glare. “Oh I didn’t mean it,” she said once more, and the driver looked back on the road.

“I’m almost late, okay?” Kise argued. “I’m sorry about that, though.”

“How about your teammates, aren’t they waiting for you? Shouldn’t you be celebrating for your victory?”

“I told them that I had a photoshoot scheduled shortly after the match,” the blond answered. “Also, we celebrate by eating lunch at Maji Burger, and then we go back to Teiko for an intense practice match.”

“Boy, you guys really have it tough…”

Kise simply gives a grin to the raven-haired councilor. “That’s what it means to be on top.”

For the entire cab ride, Kise kept on asking the girl if she was okay as related to the incident at school yesterday afternoon. Despite the pain in her stomach whenever she tried to stand up was still there, she insisted that she was a hundred percent fine without feeling any sort of pain whatsoever.

“For the nth time Kise, I am fine,” she insisted. The blond continued to look at her with concerned eyes.

“I am not convinced,” Kise said. “The doctor said that you should be resting.”

“So, you want me to rest, yet you’re dragging me to your photoshoot?” Sayoko retorted. Kise was then again dumbfounded with his own logic. Yeah, he wanted her to go watch him do his thing yet at the same time, he is concerned of her. He fell silent for a few seconds, trying to figure out what to say next. He thought too hard, it was highly evident on his face.

The raven-haired female took a deep breath before suggesting something that they could both agree on. It’s terrible watching him suffer this way. “Okay, how about we do it this way? After the photoshoot, we’ll go to for a check-up. If they say I’m not fine, I’ll go home instantly. I’ll follow all of their prescriptions and what they tell me so that you won’t have to worry.”

The blond cheerily nods his head. And as if on cue, they arrived at their destination.

---

“There he is!” one man shouting to everyone else greeted the two teenagers. Everyone stopped whatever they’re doing and faces and shouted for joy.

A man with dark hair approaches Kise and hangs his arm over the blond’s shoulder. He was on his mid to late-20’s, and he looked as attractive as that coach from Touou. “Congratulations, kiddo. We’re proud of you!” he exclaimed. “Not only are you a successful model, but you’re also a top-notch athlete. We saw it all on TV, and you were astounding!” The others who were also in the room expressed their joy for Kise’s victory. All that he could do was smile and say thanks to them.

The man who approached Kise first turned around to see the raven-haired female that was with Kise on the elevator. She only looked at all of the commotion which brought a small smile to her face. “And who might this beautiful girl be?” he asked.

“Oh, that’s Sayoko Kasumi. She also studies at Teiko High. Sayokocchi, this is Hashira Akihito, my manager,” Kise explained. Hashira extends his hand over to Sayoko’s, whereas the girl places her hand on top of his.