5 - Consequence

Dedicating another chapter to this woman ---> Heishichou. We're about to deliver a nice dose of fluff right now.

Woman, and to all readers, enjoy~ (*´▽`*)

---

FIVE – Consequence

“Well, what’s the status, Kise?” Sayoko whispered hoarsely to his blond-haired companion, who was barely sticking his head out from the wall at the playground they stumbled upon and decided to use as their temporary hiding place.

“I think we lost them,” he replied, placing his head back in the wall and sat beside the raven-haired girl. “Thank goodness…” He sighed of relief, and his breathing went back to its fast-paced rhythm. After all, they did run a few hundred meters to shake some of the tough fangirls who found them escaping from the establishment.

“By the way, where’s the other two?” she asked, noticing the absence of their companions. Kise noticed this as well, and started looking at his surroundings to check if they were anywhere nearby.

“I think we split up while we were being chased,” Kise replied. “I could understand losing sight of Kurokocchi in an instant but Aominecchi… I think he even has my fries…” he continued, and seemed teary-eyed at the mention of his untouched food.

“They used the opportunity to prevent from being chased…” Sayoko deduced. Well, they didn’t care about them anyway. Even though Aomine has a fan club of his own (but is not as big as Kise’s, though), his fans were not present in the restaurant. As for Kuroko, no one would even bother looking for him even if he’s been lost in a year. His lack of presence absolutely saved him from the situation.

Sayoko breathed in heavily for the last time, and securely hanged her bag strap at her shoulder. Then, out of nowhere, she thumped Kise on the head. This made Kise wince in the sudden pain.

“Ow! What was that for?” Kise asked, feeling the part where she’d hit him in the head.

“That was for forcing me to be in this situation…” she snapped, feeling her hand as her own force has hurt it as well. “I could be at home and finished with my homework, but here I am with a blond airhead who couldn’t even pass most of his subjects. And I just ran a marathon up to the other side of town because you, no, we were being chased by your fangirls who wanted to strip you naked.”

Kise didn’t know how to respond. He knows she has burdened her too much. Was this a consequence for returning a favor for a girl? Well, she wasn’t girly in most aspects in his opinion. She could hit as if her hand was made out of a hundred ton of steel.

He eyed the girl beside him. Her head was turned against him, and it was obvious she was totally pissed. He anticipated that she would get up and go home right away. He won’t stop her, anyway. He knows that he was the one at fault. She did try to help, but he rewarded her with a headache.

He waited, but she remained seated down with him. She was making small movements, such as playing with her fingers, fixing her uniform and fidgeting with her phone, but it seemed she had done nothing to get up and walk away from him.

“You know, you could go home now. I know you’re tired. You don’t have to wait up for me,” he said.

“Are you kicking me out or something? What if I really want to sit here?” she retorted.

“Geez, I’m sorry. I’m just—” Kise suddenly thought of something. She makes small movements, but her legs weren’t moving at all. For a part of a body to be in a stagnant position in an amount of time is highly impossible and irritating; and she hasn’t moved her legs in about 15 minutes. There must be something wrong with them.