31 - Permission

THIRTY-ONE - Permission

Even after Kise's constant reasoning, pleading, and whining, Sayoko continues to refuse to take the glasses. He remained silent as he walked her home, concerning the raven-haired female. However, she brushed it off, giving her a peace of mind as she looked up the starry night sky.

When they reached Sayoko's front door, Kise asks her one more time to get the glasses, which she once again refused. Kise could only chuckle, entirely giving up. Seeing the unusually sad blond made Sayoko uneasy. She takes a deep breath.

"Alright Kise, I forgive you..." she said, looking straight at Kise's golden eyes. This shocks the blond; he's happy on the inside, but he couldn't express it.

"However, it doesn't mean that I'll be taking the glasses with me, or that I said yes to you already," she continued. She takes a card from her pocket and inserts it to a slot by her doorknob.

Kise giggles a little, making Sayoko blush. "Alright then," he said, sounding a bit more like his usual self. "But what does the second one mean?"

They heard a clicking sound, and the door opens. "It means what it says," she replied. "I haven't said yes to you yet." Yet?

Sayoko goes inside her apartment, but says one last thing before closing her door shut. "Work on it."

The loud bang of the door flicked a switch in Kise's head. Work on it, she said. Does that mean?-

The light pink tint on the councilor's cheeks turned red when he heard a loud shout from the blond outside. "I'll do my best, Sayokocchi!" he heard him say.

Apparently, she gave him permission to court her. She gave him a reason to not sleep.

She slides down to her door as he heard his footsteps fading. She couldn't believe what she had just said.

Something drops from her bag. Looking at it, it is a case for eyewear. She picks it up and opens it, revealing the specialized glasses Kise bought for her.

Sayoko chuckles a bit. He gave her a reason to not sleep.

--

Kise was disappointed when he saw Sayoko was not wearing the glasses the next day. Asking her about it, she told him that she left it home. Well, at least she's not returning it, he thought.

"Well Sayokocchi..." he said in between breaths. It was a few minutes before first period starts. Kise has been at school even before the gates opened. He was anxiously waiting for his Sayokocchi to show up, wearing those glasses. He was disappointed, but that did not stop him. He called her out, and she looked at his direction. Seeing that it was only him, she continued walking along. Here he was trying to catch up with her.

The female councilor does not slow down, ignoring the blond desperately trying to catch up with her. "When you said 'work on it', it means that I can court you, right?" He flashes a grin. Thankfully his voice was soft enough so that no one else could hear them.

Sayoko scoffed. "What?" She raises a brow. "Are you crazy?"

A dumbfounded Kise stands in the middle of the hallway, watching the female councilor go up the staircase. Have I-? Am I wrong?

He snaps out from his reverie when he felt someone bump into him. He quickly apologizes and catches up to her on the stairs. Going up, he noticed that the population of students is lower. She must be going up the Student Council office, he thought.

Kise reaches the administrative floor, where the Student Council office is. He runs at the hallway, spotting a girl with raven-colored hair in front of the office. He shouts her name, alarming the girl.