25 - Breakdown

TWENTY-FIVE – Breakdown

It was a Saturday afternoon, and Akashi reminds Midorima of the meeting, adding that he will tag Sayoko along. The green-haired male nodded, only grasping very little of it. He was busy listing the items that he needed to buy that he could use as lucky items.

After the seminar, the students from Teiko enter the bus to go to Kinkaku-ji, one of Kyoto’s tourist attractions. Along with the take-off of the bus is the take off of two high school students from Tokyo. They are to go to Kyoto Tower Hotel, as to where the meeting will take place. It is of walking distance from where they are currently at, so they decide to walk to reach the place.

Sayoko felt a little awkward tagging along with Akashi. With his power, he should be able to handle the situation even more when she is not there. She feels like baggage to him, if anything else.

“Akashi,” she calls the attention of the red-haired male. “I’d like to ask a question, if you don’t mind…”

“Go on ahead,” Akashi answered. Sayoko swallows before continuing.

“Is it necessary to have at least two participants per school for this meeting?” she asked.

“No,” he bluntly replied.

“Is there some sort of reason as to why I am accompanying you?” she asked once more, hoping not to get that raised eyebrow.

Akashi though raises his eyebrow, as if asking if she is questioning his decisions. But then, he answers her nonetheless. “You’re a very interesting person, Kasumi,” he explained. “And with your performance with working at the Student Council, I would like to appoint you to a higher position – vice president.”

She huffs a sigh of relief. Thank God not president, she thought.

“It is not that I am antagonizing Shintaro. In fact, we discussed this matter. Hopefully next year, you are to run for vice president. And to prepare you with such a role, I’m somewhat training you. This is in case I am too busy with the basketball club,” he ended, looking at his councilor.

“You seem to be overestimating me Akashi,” she commented. “You’re not even sure if I’ll win the election.”

Their powerful emperor, Akashi Seijuro, seemed to be human, after all. He too needed some help from juggling his academics and two of the biggest school organizations.

“I am not,” he replied. “I am simply stating what I see. And I am always right.”

Then again, he seems to glorify himself just a little too much.

It was just a few blocks away before they are to reach their destination. After that conversation, both of them fell silent, and will continue to do so until they arrive at the meeting.

As the said hotel is near the train station, they meet a crowd of people along their way. This made navigating their way out a tad bit harder. Sayoko bumped unto people every three steps. Meanwhile her companion, being a trained athlete, meticulously and precisely avoided everyone in the crowd, which made him a block away from her.

She suddenly lost sight of him when a tall guy blocked her way, and with the amount of people bumping unto her, she couldn’t think straight. The raven-haired girl moves away from the crowd, her back landing into a front window of a certain clothing store.

Thinking that she might be lost, she plans to contact Akashi and ask him the next step. As she was about to take out her phone, she finds out that it wasn’t in her pocket anymore. It was stolen. She desperately looks around, hoping to catch a glimpse of her phone and who might have gotten it.