Epilogue

EPILOGUE

Kise held a key in his hand. It was the key to the door that he was standing in front of.

It was the last thing he got from her, aside from a letter. He hasn't opened it yet; he didn't have the guts to.

He got it from a lovely couple. Well, they looked like one.

---

After the awarding ceremony of the Winter Cup, Kise hurriedly runs to their locker room, took his bag, borrowed an umbrella from Momoi, and then went out of the gymnasium. Because he left sooner than the others and the fact that it was raining, no fan came after him. He hollered a cab and then instructed the driver to go to the airport.

He sent her text messages, tons of it. He asked her where she was. He didn't tell her about their victory; he wanted to say it to her in person.

They were delayed. Apparently, there was some accident near the Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium. The road was the shortest route to get to the airport. So, they had to take the long way out.

When he arrived, fans immediately noticed him and flocked over him. He was almost about to break and tell them off rudely. Thankfully, security guards from the airport contained them and helped him pass. He apologized to his fans, telling them that he was in a hurry.

He checked his phone. There was not a single response. He finally arrived at the waiting area, and then desperately tried to find for her. He asked the guards nearby where she was, and they answered him that she left just less than thirty minutes ago.

Sayoko may have already picked up her parents. It seemed logical, because she didn't answer her phone. As she told him, she is to take them out to lunch, and then take them to her apartment. He takes exited the airport and hollered another cab to her apartment.

He arrived there with no one home. Probably they were still having their dinner. He decided to wait for them there. He sits in front of her door, taking his jacket close to his body. He went out of the gymnasium so quickly that he didn't change from his basketball uniform.

Kise took out his phone. As he was in front of her door, he is able to connect to the Internet. He figured it would be the best way to kill time. And as he did, his phone vibrated nonstop. There were a ton of notifications from his fans on social media.

What shocked him was that it wasn't because of their recent victory in the Winter Cup. It was because of some accident.

Photos say that it was near the gymnasium. An ambulance was there to pick up some girl who got into an accident with a truck. That girl had raven-colored hair, was in a stretcher and was being placed in an ambulance. Along with the photos, there were descriptions.

It was Kise's girlfriend. It was Sayoko. Sayoko got into an accident.

Kise cursed, picked up his bag, and hollered another cab. This time, it went for the hospital. He rushed to the front table, demanding the receptionist as to where Sayoko is. Once he got the location, he sprinted towards it.

She was in the Intensive Care Unit. He felt like an idiot. That accident near the gymnasium was her. He felt so distraught. It made him feel so bad that he didn't know. He didn't even have a hunch. He didn't even take that photo of her breaking seriously. He just...

When he got there, there were nurses guarding the door. Regardless, he forced his way in. But, security came in and forced him out of the unit. As they were yanking him away, he kept on shouting for Sayoko's name. He screamed until his voice started getting hoarse.