32 - Festival

There are certain terms used which everyone is not familiar of. Please check the author's note for their definitions/explanations.

--

THIRTY-TWO - Festival

The following days are as busy as ever. Now that Kise is courting Sayoko, she basically sees him every day. And when she does so, her energy is spent unto dealing with the blond's overly-ecstatic personality, mostly on making him behave. She dealt with him running towards her at the hallways whenever he sees her, inviting her to go somewhere else. She dealt with his obnoxiously loud voice, wishing that she could let him have his vocal chords removed. She dealt with the death glares coming from his female schoolmates, who see Kise constantly clinging to her.

Only now what they could do is to stare, as the new rules and regulations are up. It enhanced the anti-bullying section, widening it to different areas and giving them a more severe punishment. They also added a new section, where students who are 'celebrities' are to be treated like a normal high school student. Kise's company also collaborated with the school - creating a memorandum stating that Kise must not do any form of business when he is in school, which included fan signing and picture taking.

Consequently, Sayoko tends to find herself hanging out with the Generation of Miracles. She eats lunch with them, goes with them to the convenience store after class to get some ice lollipops, and is in the gymnasium watching their practices during her free time.

Even if they were prodigies with a few loose screws here and there, she eventually enjoys their company. Murasakibara would share his snacks with her, she anticipates Midorima's lucky item, and chuckles a little when Aomine smacks Kise whenever he did something wrong. It was fun being with them.

It also meant that it was fun being with Kise. He started calling her Kasumicchi, but still calls her by her last name when they're in public. Because of Kise's part-time modeling job and daily basketball practices, they don't go out to dates anymore on the weekends. However, he does compensate it when he is with her. He walks her home after school and waits for her patiently to come to school; until this turned into a daily routine for them. He helps her on basketball for her gymnasium class. He always has something for her daily, like a new sweet or an art material. He leaves her little notes, like when he would hand over his daily gift, or sends her text messages when he knew that she is up late.

Sayoko also started being a little nicer to Kise. She goes with him when he invites her out. She lets him scream at the top of his lungs on special occasions. She starts acknowledging his fanbase, seeing that there are fans who didn't want to rip his clothes and tear him limb by limb.

She may deny it to the grave, but she appreciates every little thing that he has done for her. She enjoys Kise's company, for he made her feel special.

--

It was around October. Winter is fast approaching, giving the students one last chance to do something within the school grounds before snow starts piling up. However, dark clouds envelop the city and rain falls for the previous couple of days. It was bad for Teiko High, as their Cultural Festival draws near.

However, it was not the time to be depressed. With teru teru bozus hanged around the classrooms, the students went to work. The festive air started to surface, compensating for the gloomy weather outside. The different classes and clubs came up with different unique gigs for their booth, and decorated their respective stalls and rooms. They work hand-in-hand with the Student Council, who oversees the entire festival.

Now, the two month-long preparations of the school came into fruit at the day of the festival itself. Thankfully, the sky is clear today and the school grounds are dry. The weather forecast also states that the weather will continue to do so in the next few days, giving the students one less problem to worry.