15 - Date

FIFTEEN - Date

"A date?" Sayoko immediately shoves Kise away from her.

"Sayokocchi is there something wrong?" Kise asked her worryingly.

"Why?" She looks up to him and her eyes tell him that she's devastated. She couldn't believe what she just heard. Kise felt confused; why would she feel so hostile against an idea?

"Don't get me wrong..." Kise started to explain. "I will simply take you out to town, as thanks. It's like a get together between the two of us. Don't worry, I'll pay for everything."

"Okay..." Sayoko's voice and facial expressions turned normal once more. "I just... feel like we'll be disturbed by your fangirls. I do not want to happen the same thing that happened back at Maji Burger. Sprinting is something that I am never good at."

Kise shone a smile at her, replying "Don't worry about that; I got this."

---

The next day during practice, Kise was ambushed by his teammates, wondering as to how he got such high scores.

"You probably cheated, didn't you?" Aomine asked as he hung his arm around his shoulder. Meanwhile, this blue-haired idiot barely passed his tests. Moreover, he wasn't at the bottom two, so he did not get supplemental tutoring. He is safe from Akashi's wrath and the threat of being unable to join the Interhigh.

"But Gemini was ranked lower than Cancer during that day," Midorima thought out loud. It was no secret that he is devastated by this. Being an honor student, he never imagined seeing his name below Kise's in the top rank list. Probably this contributed to him increasing the size of his lucky items.

Kise laughs off all of the cheating accusations, and simply credited his success to a certain councilor. "Sayokocchi helped me out!" he exclaimed. He made sure his voice was loud enough for everyone to hear. "She helped me understand things that were once squiggly lines in my eyes! She was so patient of me and never gave up on me. She's the best tutor ever!"

"Sayoko─ Ohh... that cutie from the Student Council," one of his teammates said. "The one that you hang out with a lot lately. Are you two dating or something?" And like the bunch of idiotic boys they are, they swooned to the accusation. The others immediately believed it.

"Ahh... n-no..." he stuttered.

"No? It kinda looks like you guys are," another one shouted. "But since you aren't, could you at least help me go out with her?"

But before Kise could respond, Akashi enters the scene, instantly silencing them. "I'm happy with your success, Ryouta. Now you could practice without restraint." As for this guy, he got perfect scores on all of his tests.

"Thanks so much, Akashicchi! Thanks to you, I got a really nifty tutor..." Kise responded, shining a smile.

"Enough of this talk about test grades results, nerds. Let's go practice!" Aomine shouted, closing the blond's mouth with his hand.

---

There are only three instances where Sayoko Kasumi felt nervous about. The first was her parents' business party she was required to attend to when she was eight. The second was the time Akashi said 'Don't be nervous' and she completely felt nervous when she accompanied him to a national student leadership training in Kyoto.

This is the third: her first date with Kise Ryouta.

She didn't even have any clue as to why she felt that way. She felt nauseous just sitting at one of the tables at a coffee shop waiting for Kise. She is to wait for him God knows when, because he sent a text message to her saying that he'll be late due to a photoshoot.