13 - Apology

THIRTEEN – Apology

During these past few days, Sayoko felt like she was drained. Yes, she does eat the required proportions and number of times everyday and sleeps the required hours but it seems like the work from the Student Council takes all of that from her after taking them in.

The amendment of the rules and regulations was something that she did not take lightly, but she never thought that it would be this strenuous. From the initial meeting that they had last night, they had to see if the rules that they are implementing are feasible and are agreed upon by the entire student body. Furthermore, feasibility checks include the facilities, equipment, manpower, and time period. These checks are only done with the first two weeks before it is sent to the faculty board for the final reading. Afterwards is the dry-run and the final approval from their principal.

The council needs to get as much help as they can with the preparations. Despite that, the other members are also having a hard time with their parts. Some of them who are members of other clubs are not going to their respective clubs anymore to finish their respective jobs.

And as Councilor of Peace and Security, she is mostly in charge of the Disciplinary Code section of the rules. She has to go to the different class representatives to ask for their statuses and make a summary and conclusion about it. Moreover, she has to make an observational report of the students’ behavior at certain areas at certain times of the day. Therefore, this job requires a lot of running up and down floors, and moving from building to building. And her recent injury from last week wasn’t helping her. Instead of resting, she holds herself back from refraining herself to run or walk continuously. Even so, at the end of the day, she comes home with tired legs and the lack of energy to even move a finger. Every night she would always treat her feet to bandages and compresses.

She had no chance of talking to Kise. She never really saw him on campus. She was only in her classroom when it was during classes, and she would immediately sprint off to anywhere else once the school bell rings. Whenever she would pass by his classroom, she couldn’t even catch a glimpse of him because his fangirls were there by the door, waiting for him as well. The gymnasium was something that she avoided to prevent herself from giving status reports to Akashi or Midorima.

Another factor was that the Teiko High School Basketball Team was practicing for the Interhigh. The gymnasium was closed except for the basketball team members. She might even have a slim chance of entering herself.

She didn’t have the courage of texting Kise an apology. Thinking that relaying a message that way is not a s genuine as it should be. A call wasn’t worth the shot either. She wasn’t entirely sure if he was going to answer it anyway. They have tight schedules so catching him on break was a slim chance.

The raven-haired councilor simply slams her head on the table, with papers on her hands.

“Sayoko-san, is there anything wrong?” she lifts her head and sees Sakurai opposite her. He was shivering with the papers that he’s holding were falling off the ground.

“Nothing’s wrong. Thanks for the concern and sorry for scaring you,” she tiredly responds. “By the way, your papers…”

The young boy sees the scattered paper around. He instinctively yells out ‘sorry’ multiple times as he picked up the papers himself. ‘I need to stop scaring this guy already…’ she murmured to herself.

She takes a deep breath and closes her eyes. And incidentally, an image of the blond basketball player forms up in her head. “I really need to go see that guy…” she whispered.

“Did you say something, Sayoko-san?” Sakurai peeps from under the table, still trying to pick up the papers he dropped.

“Nothing, I was just talking to myself,” she responded and lets out a small smile.