17. Rescue

[Edrics POV]

I wanted to continue working on the plan. I want to save Hunter as quick as possible.

However, my sisters persuaded me to go home and get some sleep.

So, that's what I should be doing right now, but I can't. The whole time, that scene repeats in my mind. Hunter laying on the ground, not able to move. How he looked at me, in pain and scared. I should've saved him, he trusted me to help him.

But I failed.

I take a short look to the side and I see Flapjack, cooped up on a pillow, sleeping peacefully. I stand up slowly, trying to not wake him. I walk over the the window in my room, I open it and sit down on the windowsill. I look into the sky, jusy watching the stars.

"Don't worry, Hunter. I'm gonna come save you."

{Two days later at the Owl House}

"Alright, Operation Rapunzel can begin." says Eda and she earns a lot of confused stares.

"What's a Rapunzel?" Asks Gus and Luz jumps in, smirking.

"It's a romantic story between a Princess, trapped in a tower, and a hero, who climped that tower and saved her from her evil step-mother!!" Luz earns another round of confused stares. "Hunter is the princess, Edric is the hero and Belos is the evil step-mother." All of them make an understanding sound while I stare at the ground, embarrassed and blushing. The thought of Hunter as a princess and me as his hero is kind of...

I shake that thought out of my head. I can't believing I would think something like that in this situation.

"Anyways, we will infiltrate the castle and get our Golden Boy out of there." Continues Eda and she lifts the map, Lilith has drawn the night before. "Hunter is accused of betrayal, that means he's probably held in the dungeons." Continues Lilith and she points at the map. "His little cardinal here-" She lifts a hand and Flapjack flies up from my hands and lands on hers. "Knows of a vent which ends outside and leads into the castle above the dungeons. You only have to take those stairs and you're there." Explains Lilith before looking to us. "Those vents are, however, pretty narrow. Flapjack said, that Hunter himself only fit barely through." Now I would like to know why Hunter had to crawl through that vent once.

Eda nods. "That's right. Those vents are old and forgotten, so it'll be easy to go through there. Luz, King, Vinny and Edric will crawl through the vents. Emira, Gus, Amity and me will go in through the front door, covered by an illusion, making us look like scouts. We will try to make a distraction while you go to the dungeons. Skara, Lili, Willow and Hooty will stay out of the castle, warning us if something unexpected happens and they will provide our escape route."

"The teams were picked with care, Vinny and Emira are the Healers for both main teams." Both of them nod. "And Gus and Edric are the Illusionist on both teams. In case of a fight or an emergency it is essential to stick with your teams, please remember that." Explains Lilith and all of us nod understanding. "Good. As soon as someone has found Hunter, we will call each other over our Crow phones and get out of there. If an emergency occurs, too. Everybody ready?"

All of us nod and Eda stands up with her staff in her hand. "Alright, everybody. Let's go."

"YEAAH!!!" Yell all of us.

{A couple hours later}

So, right now Luz, King, Vinny and I are crawling through the vents. Flapjack flies in front of us, leading our way.

"Urgh...how did Hunter fit through here? This vent is so narrow..." Whispers Luz quietly.

"Right? Like, he must be pretty slim to fit through here, if even we are struggling..." says Vinny and Flapjack chirps quietly.

"Slim..." I mumble quietly. Hunter really has a slim body, however, he's still a little chubby and - titan forgive me - but I LOVE that about him. It's just so cute, I can't get it out of my head. And I'm also glad for it. At least I have an indicator showing me that he's eating good and enough. Nothing to worry about. His sleep schedule is a different topic tho.
Loosing myself in my thoughts, I accidentally hit my head on the ceiling. Luz, Vinny, King and Flapjack all look back to me, shocked.

"Edric, pull yourself together. You can think about Hunter's slim figure once we get him out of here." Says Luz, causing King and Vinny to laugh. I look at her, blushing and absolutely embarrassed.

"Says the one who called Mittens a goddess, I heard what you whispered after she kissed you!!" And now it's Luz' turn to blush and she just continues to crawl.

"Alright, alright, let's go!" Says King following Luz and Vinny chuckles quietly before continuing.
I sigh quietly and continue to squeeze myself through the vent. Unfortunately, I am not that slim and I have to literally squeeze myself through the vent.

Well, if this is gonna save Hunter then I am fine with this.

A couple minutes later and a lot of squeezing and we're finally out of the vent. I sigh quietly and the five of us hide behind a corner. We look around and we see a couple of guards standing in front of the stairs we need to run down.

"Where's the distraction, come on Eda..."

{Eda's Group}

"I can't believe that worked." Saya Amity as they are right now walking through the castle, covered in an illusion making them look like coven scouts.

"Told ya, this Emperor's coven is not nearly the best." Says Eda, snorting.

"Alright, and what now?" Says Gus and they all look at Eda.

"Yo, Emira. You can also create illusions right?"

Emira nods. "Yes, what do you have in might?" Says Emira, ready for some trouble.

"And can you create larger abonimations in different forms, Amity?" Asks Eda her and she nods.

"Alright, we're gonna do this like this..." Says Eda, smirking widely.

{Edric's PoV}

We're still standing behind that wall, waiting for the others to do their part. When we suddenly hear some voices yell and echo through the corridors.

"What the- how did that thing get in here??" Yells the first voice.

"WHO LET THAT GIANT GRIFFIN IN HERE???" Yells another person.

"GO CATCH HIM!!!" yells yet another person and the scouts in front of the stairs run away. All of us look at each other smirking.

That was most certainly Eda's Idea.

All of us start to run over to the stairs, we go down and make our ways to the dungeons.