18. Dungoen

[Edric's POV]

We're right now walking through the dungeon. However, that dungoen is enormous.

"This will take forever!!" Says King as we're looking through the cells and calling Hunter's name.

"We have to split it up!" I say, turning around to the others, looking at them seriously.

"What??" Say Vinny and King while Luz just looks at me.

"I know that you want to find him, Hunter. But Lilith said we should stick together, no matter what." Says Luz and I walk over to her, looking down at her.

"You wouldn't hesitate a second if Amity was taken. I only waited for the plan because Amity and Emira persuaded me to. I wanted to go alone." I say with a serious voice while just looking down at her. "I want him out of here."

She looks at me for a while before sighing quietly. "Alright. We will split up. But we will keep contact." She takes out her crow phone and we do the same. "We will let the call on the whole time. If something happens to someone we will immediately come back here." All of us nod and we split up, making our way through the dungoen.

So, right now Flapjack and I are walking through some corridors, looking for Hunter.

A couple of minutes, about ten, pass and I start to lose hope.

"Did anybody find him?" Asks Luz through the call we kept on while exploring the dungoen.

"Nope." Says Vinny.

"Nuh-uh." That was King.

"He isn't here..." I mumble quietly and Flapjack chirps.

"Don't give up, Edric! I'm sure he is somewhere in this castle!!" Says King, trying to cheer me up.

That's when I have an idea. "Do you guys think he could be...in his room?"

"What??" Blurt all of them, shocked by my idea. "Why would he?" Continues Vinny. "He was seen as a traitor!"

"I don't know...I mean...it could be. Like, locking him away in his own room to manipulate him. Or maybe he brainwashed him, into thinking that everything is normal. I don't know, I just have this feeling!! "

It's silent for some time. They are probably all thinking about my idea.

"Edric, that wasn't part of the plan. If we want to do this we have to regroup with the others and make a new plan." Says Luz, causing me to loose my cool.

"How much longer is he supposed to wait for us?? How much longer is he supposed to think that we were captured by Darius, that he is alone and nobody will help him?? He must feel so hurt and alone! I will get him out of here." I raise the crow phone and look at Flapjack determined. "And you can't stop me."

I hear all of them yell my name, but I end the call. I put my crow away and I look at Flapjack.

"You know where his room is, lead me there." He chirps and starts to fly away. I use my magic and draw a circle into the air. Shortly afterwards, I start to look like a coven scout and I start to run after Flapjack.

"I'm on the way, Hunter, just wait a little longer!"

[The rest of the group]

They decided to immediately regroup after Edric ended the call. They tried to call him multiple times, but he didn't answer.

"Oh gosh, what should we do???" Says Luz nervously.

"First, we gotta contact Eda and Lilith. Then we will look further." Says Vinny and the other two nod.

King calls Eda while Luz calls Lilith.

[Edas group]

We're hiding behind a pillar, watching how the scouts and guards fight the 'Giant Griffin', or rather an abonimation created and controlled by Amity and with an illusion by Emira, while Gus is keeping up our disguises. I watch the scene unfold when my crow starts to quietly ring.

"Yo, did you finally found him?" I ask, seeing how the three are struggling to keep up.

"Nope, actually..." I hear King's voice as he starts explain their situation to me.

[Liliths Group]

"They are already in there for quite some time, I'm starting to get worried." Says Skara, I take a short look at her before I look back to the castle, also worried.

We're flying on our staffs in the sky, also having the staffs of all the others. We couldn't risk that their staffs would be seen, so they are with us and will be our escape route.

"Hoot, hoot, don't worry!! I'm sure everything is just fine!!!" Says Hooty and Willow nods agreeing.

"Yes, they are all strong. They will be fine, so don't worry so much." says Willow, smiling.

"You're right, Hooty, Willow." I look back to the castle when I hear my crow starts to ring.

"And, how is it going?" I ask when I take the call.

"Not good..." I hear Luz say and she explains me their situations.

[Narrator]

"HE DID WHAT???" Yell Eda and Lilith at the same time.

"Yes, he did, what now?" Says Luz while looking at King and Vinny.

"We have to get out of here." Says Eda while she takes a look at the three kids with her. "Gus, Emira and Amity are out of power, they can't hold up their magic much longer!" 

"Alright, Eda, you and the others get out of there! Met up at your meeting point with Skara." Lilith looks at Skara and nods to her, she nods too and flies off with the staffs of Eda, Emira, Gus and Amity.

"Alright, Luz, your group will also meet up with Willow at your meeting point. If Edric is on his way to Hunter's room, then Hooty and I will find him there." Says Lilith and she looks at Willow, reaching out one hand to her. Willow nods and she throws Edric's Palisman to Lilith before flying off to met Luz and her group with their staffs.

"Everybody...be careful." Says Eda before they all end the call.

Lilith puts her crow away and she starts to fly off.

"Hoot, they are fine. I know that." Says Hooty, stretching out from the little back Lilith carries, looking at her worried.

"I hope so too...we have to be fast!!!"