2.1 ending

[Hunter's POV]

We were kicked through the portal leading to the Human realm.

All of us sit up, Luz is the first one to jump up, running to the door of the house. And before we knew what happened, the door closed.

Luz runs against it and she opens it. One time. Two times. Three times.

Nothing happens.

The portal closed, the doorway to the Boiling Isles gone.

Luz stands at the door and she turns around a little, taking a look at the rest of us. Gus is the first one to break down, he falls on his knees, crying and sobbing strongly.

I don't know how Amity or Willow reacted. I've only been staring at the door. The door, Edric disappeared behind.

He's gone.

He did it again. He protected me.
And now, he's in danger. And there's nothing I can do. I left him behind in a world about to face doom.

I still don't know what exactly happened while I was out. But I know that's he's in danger.

After a while I lift my head a little and I look up to the sky. The rain is falling on my face.

It's water. It doesn't hurt.

It's like he said.

And still, the pain I feel right now is unbearable. Even the acid rain of the Boiling Isles wouldn't hurt like that.

{}

All of us walked away from the abandoned house, Luz' house isn't far. Gus broke down, crying. He didn't reacted or moved an inch when we talked to him. So, with the help of Willow we placed him on my back and I carried him towards our goal. At some point, his arms wrapped around my neck and he continued to cry into my hair. Willow walks beside us, looking at Gus worried and holding my arm. I carry him with my hands on my back, but she stills holds my arm. I'm not sure why she did that. Maybe to show me that she's there. And I am thankful for that. I felt like loosing myself in my own thoughts, so having her keeping me in reality was a great help.
Luz and Amity took the lead, like us they are walking in silence, just holding their hands. The rain gets even stronger.

So, now we finally arrived at our destination. The five of us stand in front of the door and Luz knocks at it. I take a short look at Gus behind me, still with his arms wrapped around my neck and sobbing quietly.

A few seconds later the door opens. A woman, apparently Luz' mother, takes a short look at us before gasping when she sees Luz.

Luz lifts her head and she looks at her mother, tearing up.

"Hey Mom...I'm back."

"Mija???" Says Luz' mother in shock. "Are those injuries, wha-" before she could finish her sentence Luz walked up to her and simply hugged her. We hear her sobbing quietly and her mother places her arms around her, hugging her gently.

"It's okay, Mija. Everything is alright..." She lifts her head and she looks at us worried. "You poor things, all wet and hurt. Please, come in." She says as she steps aside with Luz, still hugging her. "Vee, please go get towels and the first-aid kit!" Yells her mother while we step inside.

"Thank you, Ms. Noceda." Says Amity and puts on a forced smile.

"It's no big deal and please call me Camila, Sweetheart." She gives us a smile, but we can all see that she's extremely worried. Especially about Luz, still hugging her and not letting go.