23. Reunion

{Many days later}

By now, I am completely in on the plan. The others told me more about what my uncle was doing.

Even though I heard everything they told me, even about what the Day of Unity will do, I still have my doubts.

Uncle is my only family. He always took care of me and I've learnt everything I know from him.

I still can't really believe he intends something evil. But, I also don't want to go back. And the only reason is, that I don't want to be locked up agaim.

I never had a problem with staying inside the castle. I even stayed in my room for hours, waiting for a mission or resting after a mission. That's something I've ever done. Stay in my room.

Now, I couldn't stay in that room for two hours. It drove me insane.

Raine said, I could feel like that because I had experienced a life I've never lived before. Because I found friends and did things I've never did before.

It sounds like something good, but...it scares me.

Being a part of the Emperor's Coven is all I've ever know.
It's all I ever had.

And now, everything turned upside down and I am on a team of people fighting against that very coven.

Is this the right choice?

Giving up my family, life and future for the dream of a happy, painless life among the people I consider friends. And Edric...

Do I really deserve to dream of a life with him?

...

Anyway, I spend some time with the three Head witches, following their only rule. Not contact my friends. It was really hard, there were nights in which I just wanted to see them.

But I always remember Darius' words. If I contact them, and the Emperor's coven is able to draw a connection with them to me, they'll be in danger.

And I can't risk that.

Lost in my thoughts I just keep on walking with my hood pulled over my head. Only when I walk into something with a loud thud, I realize that I, once again, drifted into a daydream. I fall on my butt, holding my turning head.

"Urgh..." I moan quietly. Can't believe this is the second time that happened.

"Hey, are you alright? Maybe you shouldn't wear
that hoot so deep, still gotta see." Says a voice beside me.

"Yeah, that thud was pretty loud, does your head hurt?" I see a hand appearing in front of me. I grab the hand and the person helps me to stand up.

"No, I'm fine, but thank y-" I looked up and what I saw completely shocked me. The person in front me were Luz and Edric, Edric being the one who helped me up.

They too must have recognized me, since both their eyes wide in shock and they gasp. I immediately pull my hand away from Edric's and I also take a step back.

"H-Hunter-?!?!" Says Edric in shock, but before they could say another thing, a hand grabbed my arm and started to pull me away before we started to run.

"Gosh, Hunter what did you do??! We're on an important mission!!!" Says Darius annoyed.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to!!!" I apologize and we hear both of them follow us, yelling my name.

[Edric's POV]

We're right now running after those two persons, disguised with dark ropes, running away from us.

"Luz, please tell me I'm not delusional, that was Hunter, right??" I ask, running after them.

"Yes, this time it was him!!" she says and I get even faster.

After we returned from our mission, searching troops started to appear on the boiling isles, searching for Hunter. They even put up posters with his face, his real face, also revealing him as the Golden Guard and asked for information on his whereabouts.

And, since then I started to see him nearly everywhere. I'd dreamt about him just running into me and we would be reunited.

Now that it really, REALLY, happened, it doesn't feel like we're reunited.

We're running around corners, through alleys and more. Sadly, we lost them at one point.

"Dammit!!" I say, looking around frustrated.

Why would he run away? Was he avoiding us all along? Why wouldn't he come to us if he was able to break free?

"Wait, look!" Says Luz and she takes out a Light Glyph. She gives it a short tap and the paper crumbles together, turning into a little light. She kneels down with her light and we see footprints in the mud, leading to another alley.

A smile appears on my face. "Alright, let's follow them!!" I say, with enthusiasm and we follow the footprints.

A couple of minutes later we found our destination, Luz takes her light out and we watch as four figures start to draw a circle on the ground. One of them is given a test tube with some kind of potion in it.

They are wearing the same ropes Hunter wore.

Luz and I take a short look at each other before noding and jumping out of our hiding spot.

"Everybody, stop moving!!" Yells Luz and I look at the four figures.

"Hunter, which one of these are you??" I ask them and I see one of the persons take a step back and the other three looking at them. It's the person who is holding the strange potion. I take a short look at them before grabbing their arm and pulling them to us. I use my other arm and I pull off their hood only to reveal Hunter under it.

The moment I see him, my hearts drops again. It's him.

"I-It's really you, Hunty..." I mumble quietly, still holding his arm, as if I was scared he would run away again. "What is the meaning of this...?"

"I-I..." he stutters and the other three seem to try and attack us. We all look at them in shock and Hunter stands in front of us with his arms spreaded out. "W-Wait, let me explain it to them!!!"

However, one of them already tried to take a punch on us. We weren't hit, but something else happened. Hunter's hand was strucked and he accidentally dropped the potion he was holding.

The three of us look shocked at the potion which caused the circles we were standing on to light up. And before we knew what happened, everything turned dark.