2.32 Chance

[Hunter's PoV]

All of them start to talk about what to do with the Collector, discussing all kind of punishments for him.

I stare at them with big eyes and I see the Collector looking over to me, looking incredibly sad. Maybe even scared.

"No, let him go!!" I say and run over to the cage he's trapped in. The witches watch me confused as I try to open the cage. "Let him out, come on!" I yell at them, causing everybody to look at me confused and shocked.

"Little Prince, that's the Collector. The one who caused all of this. He held all of us apart for two years, forced us to take part in his sick game! Why are you protecting him?" Says Darius stunned.

"I know he made mistakes! We all do them!" I say as I'm still trying to pry the cage open. "But he decided to change! Give him a chance!" I take a look around, I take a rock from the ground and I hit the lock with it. After some hits it opens and I help the Collector out.

"Hunter, he's dangerous! Remember what he did to all of us! He probably brainwashed you, you can't help him!" Says Raine as I stand in front of the Collector, hiding him behind me and looking at them seriously.

"He didn't brainwash me, he's just a kid! He was trapped for years and wants to have some fun! You can't blame him for that! He trapped all of you in that game for two years, he was trapped in a prison all alone for centuries, millenia! I know he shouldn't have done what he has done..." I take a look at the Collector behind me before I look back to the people and I pull him further behind me. "But being alone, away from those you love and loosing everything...it makes sick. And it hurts. So give him a second chance." I look around all of them. "I'm sure everyone here got at least one more chance at something. I did so too." I say and I place a hand on my chest. "During my time at the Emperor's coven...I helped accomplish terrible things. And I am...immensely sorry. Nothing I can say will ever fix what I have done." I look back to the Collector. "I'm sure you can help fix everything you've caused." He nods a little and is still hiding behind me. I smile a little and look back to the people. "Everyone can change. So did I. Some of you. And so can he. I want to give him a chance. A chance to better himself. I will make it my personal responsibility to watch over him and help him change his ways. I truly believe in him." They all seem to think about. I take a short look at my right hand, at the sigil on my wrist. "And for me, to at least try to redeem what I've done..."

"Hunty, you don't have to redeem anyt-" started Edric, but I stopped him with a hand gesture and I take a look back to the people.

"I will do everything in my power to free you people of the terror the Emperor left behind. I will find a way to remove these sigils and free everyone of any restrictions. We ... you people are magic. It's a part of you. It's who you are. And you should not be restricted. Not by anyone. Our future is about to happen and it will be filled with hope and change. Therefore, I am begging you, people of the Boiling Isles. If you're willing to give me a chance, please give him a chance too. Give ... us both another chance." I say, as I cover my sigil with my other hand and bow down to all of them.

All the people are silent and they seem to exchange some looks. I wish I would know what they are thinking.

I'm ready for the things they are about to say, for the hate and anger. However, something different happens. Something I wouldn't have expected.

I hear clapping.

A little suprised, I lift my head and I see Edric, smiling at me and clapping. After some seconds more people start to clap. Luz, Willow, Gus, Amity, Darius, Alador, Emira, Eda, King, Lilith, Vinney, Skara, Steve, Vee and many more start to clap until everyone present here is clapping for me. I'm standing in front of them, absolutely overwhelmed and blushing,

"W-What, did I say something wrong?" I ask confused and I see Darius walking over to me.

"Oh no, Little Prince. You said just the right thing." He places a hand on my back and looks with me at the people. "Those people were suffering for two years. Nobody here thought that returning to a normal life would be possible. Just today, we all believed that everything is over. But now, we're still alive. And you're standing here, encouraging us. Giving us the hope back we all thought we lost months ago." He spreads out one arm, moving it over the people. "Those people need someone encouraging. Someone who they can trust. Someone who fights for them. Someone who listens. And someone who stands up for those who did wrong." Darius takes a short look at the Collector, still standing behind me. "And I believe you're that someone. This is a society who needs to find a way back to life. I don't think any of these people could do it, we all fought to win and become the next Emperor, nobody will trust anyone but themselves to be the next Emperor. But there's you. With your experience and knowledge under the Emperor and your passion, you're the only one who could do this. And maybe the only one who's not greedy for that posting. You my little prince, you are our future." Says Darius as he smiles at me. I take a look around and I see my family and friends, all smiling at me. So are all the others witches I can see. I take a look at Vee and the Basiliks, all smiling too.

"Are you insane???" I yell, all of them looking at me suprised. "Didn't you learn anything from the first Emperor??? I am his...his nephew. How can you think it's a good idea to put ME of all people in charge??" All of them look at me surprised. Seems like none of them expected that kind of reaction.

"Come on, Hunter." Says Amity, sighing quietly. "How many times do I have to tell you? People like you, even if you think it's impossible." She smiles at me.

"Yeah, Hunter." Luz steps forward. "And you're not that same person anymore. You don't intend any harm. We know that."

"The person you're talking about is long gone. You aren't the Emperor's nephew anymore. Nor the Golden Guard." Says Edric as he walks over to me and holds my head in between his hands. "You're Hunter. A loving, passionate and strong man. If there's someone who should be at the top of the upcoming future, it should be you, my love." I look at him with big eyes as he kisses my nose tip. "And you are not alone. Not anymore. You've got all these friends you've found. I'm sure the old coven heads are ready to help." We both take a short look at Darius beside me, smiling. We look at Eberwolf and Raine, along with some others coven heads all smiling at us and nodding.

I look back at Edric and I smile a little. "Thank you..." he lets go off my face and I look back at the people. "Thank you all for thinking that I'd be a good choice as a new...Emperor. Maybe in a couple of years, I will." All of them look at me suprised. "Being in charge is an important job. I have nothing against it to work with the Coven Heads, making sure none of them takes over. And I'm willing to help rebuild and reform the Boiling Isles. However, I'm still so young. And I want to take some time and spend it with the people I love." I take a look at Edric and I take his hand into mine. "I will take the official position as Emperor in some years. Until then, I will enjoy my life and work with the Coven Heads to build our world. I promise you, we're about to face a save and hopeful future!"

Once I finished, everybody once again started to cheer and clap. I look at Edric, he winks me and gives me a kiss. Smiling, I turn around to the Collector.

"Can you fix everything?"

The Collector nods and he lifts a hand into the air.