20. Notes

[Edric's POV]

Lilith, Hooty and I returned to the Owl House. A couple of minutes later the rest also walks in.

"Alright, Kid." Eda stomps over to me, sitting on the couch just staring at table. "You better explain yourself for what you did in there, you brought all of us in danger with your 'heroic' action!!" Says Eda, with her arms crossed while still staring at me. The others walk up to her and they look at the table I am staring at,

"What are those?" Asks Luz and she kneels down in front of the table. All the notes I gathered in Hunter's room are spreaded out on the table and she takes one of the notes.

"Hunter wrote those..." I mumble as I keep staring at them. Luz takes a short look at me before looking at the note she took.

"Can they ever forgive?" She reads out the note and all the others gather around the table, also reading the notes.

"They're in danger and it's my fault." Reads Willow out.

"I'm not worth it..." reads King and he takes a worried look at Eda. She picks up one of the notes.

"I betrayed my own family." She picks up another note. "What is my purpose in this world?"

Now, Amity picks up one of the notes. "I just want to be happy."

"How could he do that to me?" Reads Gus.

"I can't choose a side." Reads Vinny.

I take deep breath, while standing up I place another note down on the table and I walk out of the room, leaving them alone with all the notes on the table.

Emira is the one to pick up the note I placed and she looks at it sadly.

"I need you, Edric.
Please come save me."

She reads out and all of them look at each other worried and with a bad feeling.

Eda takes a deep breath and she holds her head. "I'm sorry, Kid..." she mumbles as she sits down on the couch. Lilith sits down next to her and she places a hand on her shoulder.

"Hey. You couldn't know. Let him have some time. Meanwhile, we should think about where they could've taken Hunter. We can help them both that way." Eda looks at her sister and she nods a little.

"Yeah, you're right." All the others sit down around the table, starting to collect ideas and thoughts.

{}

I walked through the Owl House and I found myself on it's roof. Flapjack followed me and he sits down next to me on the roof.

"You must be worried." I say, just staring at the sky.

Flapjack chirps one time and I sigh quietly. "I'm worried too. I'd do everything to hold him in my arms right now..."

I lay down on the roof and I watch the stars.

"Or at least know that he is alright..." I mumble and Flapjack sits down on my chest, also looking at the sky. I lift one hand and stroke over his little head.

"His room looked so...destoryed. I would like to think he did it himself...but what if..." I shake that thought out of my head.

Please be alright, Hunter.

[At the Emperor's castle]

Belos is sitting on his room, he just inhaled another Palisman to keep up his form and the curse at bay. The planning and preparation for the Day of Unity takes up more energy and magic then he would thought. As he is reading some papera right now, someone is knocking at the door.

"Yes?" He says, still reading his papers.

Kikimora walks in and she kneels down in front of the Emperor.

"Kikimora, what brings you to my throne room? You should be busy with preparation's." Says the Emperor.

"I-I was, Emperor. However, something unexpected happened." Says Kikimora, sounding nervous.

"What happened?" Asks Belos, now finally looking up from his papers.

"Well, there were some intruders in the castle. They left farely early, it didn't looked like they took something." Says Kikimora, fidgeting with her hands.

"Then what is the problem?" Asks the Emperor, starting to get impatient.

"They..." She takes a deep breath before looking at the Emperor. "They took the Golden Guard."

Under his mask, his eyes wide in shock. He immediately stands up and he rushes out of his throne room to the room of his nephew. Kikimora follows him, stumbling over her own feet.

A few minutes later he arrives in front of the room. The scouts which discussed the incident moved immediately aside, letting their Emperor through. He walks over to the door and he opens it, revealing the destroyed room. The Emperor walks inside, Kikimora follows him, out of breath.

"S-Scouts reported at least three person where inside the room. But they were knocked down by one from them before they could take a look at them. And when they wanted to follow them, but they were tied up with a restriction spell." Explains Kikimora while Belos walks through the room, looking at all the destroyed stuff.

He bows down and grabs a piece of paper off the ground. It shows a formular for a potion which apparently was dedicated to heal the Emperor's curse. It's Hunter's handwriting.

The Emperor's hand starts to form into a fist, crumbling the paper in it.

"Kikimora." He says, with his back turned to her. "Form a search party. Take anyone you need and fine the Golden Guard." Says Belos and Kikimora bows down, annoyed.

"Yes, Emperor." She turns around and leaves the room, annoyed to he the one to search for the golden brat.

Belos keeps looking around the room and he finds more papers with ideas to take care of his curse. He even finds the books about wild magic Hunter got of the Library. Normally, he would be angry. Hunter lied to him about staying away from wild magic.

However, the thoughts of his nephews whereabouts overrules his anger.

"What's wrong?" He hears a specific voice say, hushing over the walls. "You only need him for the spell. You know that. Why are you worried?"

"Shut up." Says Belos as he stands up again.

"Ouchie, don't be a meanie!!" He moves over to Belos, laughing quietly. "It's not like you will ever see him again after the spell. Why the long face? You can just create a new one if you start to miss having someone around who absolutely adores you." Says the Collector, laughing again.

Belos takes a deep breath before walking out of the room.

"No wonder you don't understand. He's more than just one of the many Grimwalkers." Says Belos while walking back to the throne room.

"Uhhhh, are you getting soft here?? Better get that under control, you know he's essential for you!~" says the Collector, chuckling.

"I know, I know...but I'll stil try to avoid him having to do his part...it can work without him." He mumbles walking with the collector back.